The Wayward, an American Brasserie located within the Canopy by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia in Center City’s East Market neighborhood within Midtown Village, is excited to announce a new culinary team including Executive Chef Carlos Cartagena and new Sous Chef, Barbara Voltaire and all new menus – including dinner and welcoming back breakfast, brunch and happy hour.
Chef Cartagena has taken the helm of all culinary operations at The Wayward and comes to the restaurant as a veteran of the New York culinary scene, with a résumé that includes working alongside the city’s most respected chefs including Chef Jean-Georges and Chef Richard Sandoval at some of the top restaurants around NYC including JOJO, Zengo, SD26, The Strand Hotel and Hotel Americano. Alongside Chef Voltaire, who also worked in New York (originally from Haiti), the duo plans to keep the restaurant’s French inspired roots with farm to table recipes.
Menu highlights include:
- Butcher Cut Steak - wild mushroom duxelle, grilled asparagus, bordelaise, crispy shallot Chicken Paillard - burnt fig, arugula, parmesan, cashew, tangerine vinaigrette
- Duck Confit - confit duck leg, frisee, kumquat puree, pickled squash, tangerine vinaigrette
- Pan Seared Scottish Salmon - truffle pommes puree, snow pea, duxelle, shoyu
- Braised Short Rib - parsnip puree, pickled fennel, ancho chili
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, includes local partnerships with Kismet Bagel and Baker St Bakery
- Croque Madame
- Omelette a la Florentine
- Wild Mushroom Tartine
- Lox Bagel
Monday through Friday 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Tuna Tartare
- Le Cru Poisson fluke
- Half-Off Daily Oysters
- Pommes Frites
- Corn Beignets
- Brussels Sprout Frits
- Broiled Oysters
- Petite Brioche
- The Wayward - angus beef, thousand island, gruyère, bacon tomato jam
- Chicken Cordon Bleu - fried chicken, ham, mornay
- Short Rib - horseradish aioli, crispy shallot
The Wayward is located at 1170 Ludlow Street. To make reservations, call 215-258-9430.
NOTE: A previous version was updated to reflect new happy hour days.
Marilyn Johnson is a freelance food and travel writer covering the food and drink scene of Philadelphia, South Jersey, and the greater Mid-Atlantic area. Food news: firstname.lastname@example.org. Travel tips: email@example.com.