Chicken salad is one of those staples that can be deliciously enhanced with vegetables, fruit, or nuts. Let's take a basic chicken salad recipe and look at ways to make it better.
- 4 cups poached chicken (can also use rotisserie, grilled, or leftover)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 fresh ground black pepper
- Chop chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Serve on bread, lettuce leaves, or mixed into pasta.
- Add sliced grapes, apple chunks, chopped walnuts, and 2 Tablespoons of curry powder for an Indian-flavored treat.
- Make it Mexican-style with grated cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, and chopped fresh bell pepper.
- Blend in Creole seasoning, green onions, and chopped garlic for a Louisiana-inspired chicken salad.
- For an Asian-style chicken salad, mix in a bit of soy sauce, chopped water chestnuts, and bean sprouts.