As delicious as fried fish is, it can be too heavy on the batter and oil. This recipe uses the oven to attain a lighter crunchy coating on fish.
- 4 fish filets (grouper, tilapia, catfish, etc.)
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or other seasoned salt/salt & pepper)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with oil cooking spray.
- Crush cornflakes in a food processor or by hand by placing them in a plastic bag and pounding with a mallet or large spoon.
- Lay crushed cornflakes on a flat plate.
- Season fish filets and generously coat them with mayonnaise.
- Roll prepared fish filets in cornflake coating and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 4 servings.