If you've recently been injured in a sporting event and you're looking for a chiropractor to help treat your back, then this article is for you! We'll go over how chiropractic care helps with various types of injuries.
Injuries from sports in Minnetonka can happen at any time during the game. One minute they are playing their best, and the next, they are on the ground in pain. Sports-related injuries can range from sprains to fractures or even more serious head trauma. In most cases, if treated properly by a professional, these injuries heal well, with little long-term damage done to bone health or tissue integrity.
A Minnetonka, MN Chiropractor has long been known as an expert in helping people recover after major injuries. Chiropractors are trained to identify issues with bone alignment which can hinder the body's natural healing process. They help increase blood flow through stressing soft tissue employing various exercises, stretches, and massage techniques.
How A Chiropractor Takes Care of Your Back
Back sprain or strain is one of the most common injuries in sports. The sprain or strain is caused by the sudden change of the position of your back. The chiropractor will assess your injury by looking at how it was incurred, what symptoms are present, and where they are located.
Once you are diagnosed with a sprain or strain, Chiropractor Minnetonka will give you exercises to help heal your injuries faster. These exercises are done at home and help your back recover faster. You may feel slight discomfort but never pain during the exercises.
The chiropractor will also provide you with a list of stretches to do regularly, even once your injury is gone. This way, you can avoid any future injuries from occurring again.
Tips from Your Chiropractor: What You Can Do To Prevent Back Problems
Chiropractor Minnetonka can teach you ways to prevent injuries. They are usually done during the first visit when the doctor checks to see what type of injury you have. The following are tips from your Chiropractic clinic Minnetonka:
- Warm-up before playing sports by walking, jogging, or biking for about 10 minutes. This will help keep muscles loose and ready for any sudden movements needed to play your sport.
- Stretch before play. Make sure to stretch all muscles that you will be using in your game. This is usually done after the warm-up but if time does not permit, do them before you begin playing at least once a day.
- Find ways to make exercises fun. If you enjoy what you are doing, it will become less of a chore and more of a social event that you look forward to.
- Keep equipment in good condition. Make sure your equipment is not unsafe to use before starting any game or sport. Visit your chiropractor if something feels amiss with the equipment, pain increases, or swelling occurs after playing sports.
- If you are injured, rest. Many injuries cause long-term damage if you try to play through them. This makes your injury worse and can take a lot longer to heal.
- Eat a healthy diet. Make sure the food you eat has all the nutrients needed for optimal health and healing of muscle tissue.
The Benefits of Having Your Back Pain Treated by a Chiropractor
Minnetonka Chiropractic can help athletes and students recover from sports-related back injuries and more.
Athletes can continue playing their sport without taking time off for useless surgeries. Minnetonka Chiropractor helps athletes recover faster, which means they will be back to the game in no time.
Chiropractors Minnetonka also teaches ways to protect the back from injuries such as sprain or strain. The treatments include exercises that can be done at home and stretch that need to be performed before and after the sport is played.
They offer treatments such as adjustments, mobilization, soft tissue work, and more depending on the patient's condition.
Why See a Chiropractor for Back Pain?
Minnetonka Chiropractic clinic can keep you playing the sports you love as hard as you want to — without fear of pain or injury.
Many athletes and students do not like to play if they feel pain in their muscles or joints. Although the injury needs treatment, there is no reason to prevent you from playing your favorite sport.
A chiropractor near me can provide treatments that will relieve your pain and get you back onto the field in no time.
The Glen Chiropractic and Acupuncture
11000 Cedar Lake Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.