Back pain is one of the most common ailments in the world, with 9 out of 10 people experiencing at least one episode. It can be debilitating and lead to social isolation, depression, anxiety, insomnia and other mental health issues. But it doesn't have to, a Boca Raton, FL Chiropractor can help.
Most back pain starts with a tight or overused muscle. It can be the result of poor posture, lack of exercise, lifting something you shouldn't or simply sleeping awkwardly.
If your body is forced to use the muscles around the spine without rest they become exhausted and begin to pull on the joints where they attach to cause stiffness, pain and inflammation. This is the beginning of what's known as a 'subluxation', which simply means a partial dislocation.
A Boca Raton expert can assess your body and create an effective treatment plan that will help improve alignment and reduce pain.
How A Chiropractor Takes Care of Your Back
Chiropractor Boca Raton treatments include:
- A thorough history and physical examination to determine the root cause of your pain. Some causes include, but are not limited to poor posture, low back strain, muscular tightness or spasms, lack of exercise or a car accident.
- Diagnostic imaging including x rays for certain injuries or conditions where appropriate.
- Gentle, hands on manipulation of the spine and other joints to improve mobility and alignment.
- An individualized exercise program that will help stretch, strengthen and realign your body.
Treatments are tailored to each patient depending on their diagnosis, condition and specific needs.
Tips from Your Chiropractor: What You Can Do To Prevent Back Problems
There are many simple things you can do for your back that will help prevent future episodes or make them less severe when they happen. Chiropractor Boca Raton gives the following advice:
1) Avoid prolonged periods sitting down; keep moving instead - Our bodies weren't designed to sit down for long periods of time, it's unnatural and bad for your back. Try standing up every half hour or so, even if you're stuck in the office;
2) Exercise regularly (exercises like swimming, walking, cycling), especially if your job involves long hours sitting down ;
3) Lifting heavy objects? Bend at the knees, not your back;
4) Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees for lower back support. Also consider sleeping on an old-fashioned hard mattress. This will help you maintain your natural lordotic curve;
5) Your bed should feel comfortable, not lumpy, and the height should be right so you can get in and out easily without straining your back.
6) If you're working at a computer all day, take regular breaks to stretch and walk around. Better yet, stand up and work at a standing desk.
7) Eat well - what you put into your body affects how it performs including your spine.
By following these tips you can reduce your pain and avoid episodes in the future. A Chiropractic clinic Boca Raton is highly experienced in back injuries and will tailor a treatment plan to suit your needs.
The Benefits of Having Your Back Pain Treated by a Chiropractor
Boca Raton Chiropractic offers countless benefits for people who suffer from back pain. Not only will you experience reduced pain and muscle tension, but many people also report feeling mentally liberated. Sometimes back pain can be a result of psychological issues such as stress, anxiety and depression which can worsen your condition if left untreated. Having a back problem is stressful enough on its own.
A Boca Raton Chiropractor will address all of your back pain symptoms and work with you to find the source of your problem. This includes lifestyle changes that you can begin making today to help your back feel better.
Chiropractors Boca Raton can also help you stay healthier overall by giving you nutritional counseling , treating allergies and colds, offering weight management services and improving your overall wellness.
They are committed to helping you find lasting results that will keep your back pain in check for good. By finding the source of your problem they can create an individualized treatment plan with long term benefits in mind.
Why See a Chiropractor for Back Pain?
Boca Raton Chiropractic clinic takes care of your back problems and prevents further injuries from happening.
You may not think that you need to see a chiropractor for back pain, but having your spine and joints worked on by a professional will help get rid of the source of your problem.
Call a Chiropractor near me today to get started!
Florida Regenerative Health Center
9250 Glades Rd #111, Boca Raton, FL 33434
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.