Back injuries are common in sports, and can occur for many reasons. A back damage is usually caused by a fall or impact to the spine that causes one of the discs in your spine to rupture.
The most common symptoms are pain in your back when you do activities like walking or exercising, muscle weakness, numbness and tingling sensations down your legs. If any of these symptoms persist more than two days after an injury, see your Owasso, OK Chiropractor immediately!
Not all treatments for back injuries involve medication; chiropractic care in Owasso has been proven effective at relieving pain associated with lower back injuries.
How A Chiropractor Takes Care of Your Back
Whether due to a car accident or sports related trauma, a Chiropractor Owasso will help relieve discomfort while also speeding up recovery time.
Adjustments and manipulations of the spine will restore normal movement and function, and reduce pain.
- Laser Therapy - This is often used to help reduce inflammation that's causing your pain. Several sessions of laser therapy will speed up the healing process while reducing symptoms like swelling and discomfort.
- Massage Therapy - The Chiropractor uses deep tissue massages to heal muscles surrounding your spine, helping them work together correctly. This can also reduce symptoms like
- Deep Tissue Massage - Also referred to as Myofascial Release, this form of massage therapy is used to address the skeletal muscle and tissue that surrounds your spine. It's best suited for people with acute injuries and will help reduce pain and improve range of motion.
- Acupuncture - The Chiropractor uses needles placed at specific points along the spine to help relieve symptoms of your injury. Acupuncture is excellent for people who can't take medication or surgery and helps reduce swelling and inflammation while speeding up the healing process.
- Physical Therapy - This treatment takes place in a pool to provide pain relief while increasing range of motion and flexibility. The water will relax the surrounding muscles that are
- Gait Analysis - This may be necessary to determine the root of your back injury. The Chiropractor will analyze how you walk to see if there's a problem that needs correcting, or if you have bad posture that can aggravate your back.
- Nutritional Counseling - To speed up the healing process and improve your results, you may be asked to change your diet. This is because certain foods can increase inflammation or make it more difficult for your spine to heal itself.
Tips from Your Chiropractor: What You Can Do To Prevent Back Problems
Back injuries are common; but by seeking treatment from a Chiropractor Owasso, you'll find relief from pain and discomfort while increasing range of motion.
- Strengthening your core muscles will help you maintain good posture. When you're properly aligned, you won't put pressure on your lower back while completing tasks that require bending or twisting.
- While running is an excellent form of exercise to get your heart rate up, it's also hard on your spine especially if you have a desk job. Running on a treadmill or a track is better for your spine, but running outside through uneven terrain can cause injury to the discs in your lower back.
- If you're an athlete that could suffer from injuries, schedule regular treatments with a Chiropractic clinic Owasso will help you maintain good posture and spinal alignment while preventing pain .
- If you have a desk job, consider using a standing desk to prevent your back from being in the same position for an extended period. This will help you maintain proper posture and keep your spine aligned.
The Benefits of Having Your Back Pain Treated by a Chiropractor
Owasso Chiropractic Care can offer you the following benefits:
- Improved range of motion - If you've suffered from back pain for an extended period, it's likely your mobility is limited. An Owasso Chiropractor can help improve range of motion and reduce the instances where you feel stiffness or discomfort in your lower back.
- Freedom from pain - If you're suffering from back pain, you'll find some relief after visiting Chiropractors Owasso. You may need to visit regularly to get the best results, but over time your symptoms will fade away while reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Prevention of future problems - With regular visits for adjustments and treatments, you'll be able to prevent future problems like herniated or slipped discs. This is because your spine will be more flexible and mobile while providing support for your lower back .
- Reduce stress - If you're feeling stressed at work , it's likely your muscles are tense. You can get rid of built-up tension in the muscles surrounding your spine by getting an adjustment. This will help you feel more relaxed while preventing future problems with your lower back.
Why See a Chiropractor for Back Pain?
If you have a past injury or suffer from chronic pain, it's essential to visit an Owasso Chiropractic clinic today. They'll provide treatment that can offer relief from the discomfort you're experiencing and prevent further problems.
A Chiropractor near me can offer relief while strengthening your core muscles to prevent future injuries.
Complete Care Chiropractic
435 East 2nd Ave Owasso, OK, 74055
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.