Today we’re preparing a homemade Rum BBQ Sauce. The sauce features nice a touch of heat courtesy of jalapenos and chili paste, savory notes from teriyaki and garlic, and sweetness from basil and fresh orange juice. This is all brought together using a base of brown sugar reduced in rum.
The end result is a delicious, decadently thick, sweet and spicy sauce that’s perfect on all kinds of grilled meats, from barbecued steaks to grilled chicken thighs, even French fries and onion rings are a great match.
**(Visit Living the Gourmet for the full recipe including ingredient measurements for today's Chicken Thighs & Rum BBQ Sauce)!
- Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Orange Juice
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Chili Paste
- Black Pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients for the bbq sauce in a medium cast-iron pan and stir.
- Simmer on a gentle heat for about 20 – 30 minutes; until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- Reserve half of the bbq sauce in a covered container. This will last in the refrig for about 2 weeks, covered.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and pour about half of the bbq sauce into the bowl.
- DO NOT place the spoon that you use to toss the chicken back in the reserved bbq sauce.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large cast iron frying pan.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes.
Disclosure: This post doesn't include any kind of affiliate links. All links lead to my own website.
Comments / 1