Sip a cup of garlic tea every day to manage your blood sugar levels: Diabetes is a lifestyle-related disease, and diet is closely related to blood sugar levels. It is one of the most common illnesses in the world, characterized by high blood sugar levels. If left untreated, it can affect the kidneys, heart, and weight. Although the disease is considered irreversible, certain precautions can reduce the risk of serious complications. There are many natural remedies that can help reduce risk, garlic tea is one of them.
Garlic is the staple food of Indian households and is known for adding a unique twist to the recipe. Not only is it popular in the kitchen, but it is also highly regarded in the healthcare field. Preliminary studies have also shown that garlic helps lower blood sugar levels.
"Several studies have shown that the effects of garlic are positively correlated with diabetes (taken as a supplement or as the herbs themselves). Starting a day with garlic tea is for people with type 2 diabetes. It can be beneficial to, "he explains the function, nutritionist Mugda. Pradhan, the founder of Thrive FNC. She explains that the mechanism that lowers blood sugar levels can be for the following reasons:
- Garlic can increase endogenous insulin secretion
- Improves insulin sensitivity and insulin-like activity.
- Improves oxidative stress
- Strengthen pancreatic beta cells by activating the regeneration of these cells.
Other benefits of garlic tea for diabetics
"Garlic tea is basically a blend of garlic, small ginger, and crushed pepper, which brings many benefits to diabetics," said Aman Puri, founder of Steadfast Nutrition. It has many health benefits for diabetics, including:
- Contains antibiotics and antioxidants that help boost immunity.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces the amino acid homocysteine, a major risk factor for diabetes.
- Garlic is also naturally rich in vitamin C, which is important for boosting immunity and promoting healthy organ function.
Are there any side effects?
Avoid eating too much garlic as it can cause problems as it is only beneficial if everything is consumed in moderation. Ms. Pradan explains: “If you consume too much garlic (especially in its raw form), bad breath is one of them. Some people who are sensitive to garlic experience gastrointestinal symptoms such as gas and bloating. Excessive intake of garlic .. "
She encourages people to consider garlic tea as a short-term remedy for those who want to lower their blood sugar levels. However, other lifestyle changes are essential to reduce the risk of complications-garlic tea alone is not the solution. Taking garlic has many health benefits for diabetics, but it should be taken in moderation.
Garlic Tea Recipe For Diabetes
- 1 piece of garlic
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of water
- Finely chop the garlic and cinnamon sticks. You can use cinnamon powder instead
- Add it to a glass of water and cook to half
- Drink with tension first thing in the morning
Garlic tea dose for diabetics:
Both garlic and cinnamon generate body temperature. Therefore, it is advisable not to drink daily during the summer. It can be taken twice a week to control blood sugar levels.
As mentioned earlier, garlic and cinnamon are two superfoods that can naturally generate heat in our bodies. In addition to regulating blood sugar levels, these ingredients also help deal with weakened immunity and prevent coughs, colds, and seasonal illnesses. Therefore, drinking this garlic tea daily during the winter can control fasting blood sugar levels and promote overall health.