You can not modify your height, but you can appear taller. You're surely already aware that there are ways to dress to appear taller and even better, giving you an advantage over all those 6-foot-tall bearded men, or at the very least, a close second! If you clicked on this post, you're here for the details, so without further ado, we'll go over some critical style recommendations for short men.
1. At all costs, avoid wearing baggy clothing. This is a general rule for men's style. Baggy clothing, regardless of your height, makes you appear unattractive. If you're petite, you should invest in well-fitting clothing because baggy garments make you appear horizontal (almost like a refrigerator), but well-tailored, fitted garments extend you. Therefore, the next time you purchase a shirt or suit, ensure that it is the right size.
2. Wear pants or jeans with a mid-to-high rise.
Low-rise jeans or pants (pants that fall slightly below the waistline) extend the torso and make the legs appear shorter, which is not a good look for a short guy. This means that you should get pants that fit comfortably around your natural waist in order to balance out the proportions.
3. Avoid belts if possible.
This is not a simple task, even more so for men who are accustomed to wearing belts virtually daily. However, if you want to appear taller, consider ditching the belt, bro. Here's why: when you wear a belt, it effectively slices your body in two, and when you're a shorter guy, you want to avoid anything that disrupts your body's natural line. In essence, a belt will make you appear shorter. Rather than that, get jeans and pants in your size to avoid wearing them with a belt.
4. Select footwear that is a close match to the colour of your pants.
Closely matching your footwear to your clothing makes you appear significantly taller. As if a woman were to wear thigh-high boots with black slim jeans, It will seem like one continuous line, which will make you appear taller. Men's footwear is similar, albeit without thigh-high boots.
5. Avoid brightly coloured socks in favour of ones that are close in colour to your pants or jeans.
Essentially, this works the same way as the footwear and gives you the illusion of being slightly taller.
6. While we're on the subject of colour, avoid wearing contrasting hues when dressing.
Rather than that, opt for monochrome looks or complementary tones of the same colour. For instance, instead of wearing black pants with a maroon shirt, opt for a navy blue, black, or grey top. Wear hues that are close in the colour spectrum to one another and avoid opposing colours.
7. Wear at least one or two pieces of jewellery on your upper body.
It may take the form of a necklace, a male brooch, a pocket square, or a tie clip. This is due to the accessory's ability to draw attention to the upper body, particularly the breast area.
8. Wear pants that have little to no breaks in them.
The break of the pants is the section of the trouser that comes into contact with the shoe. If you want to appear taller, wear pants that have little to no breaks.
9. Don't forget to wear hats!
Not only are hats fashionable and functional as accessories, but they also assist in attracting the eye upward and add one or two inches to your silhouette, so why not?
The goal is to produce a visual streamline that elongates your body and gives the illusion of height.
11Your clothing should not conceal your crotch.
To be honest, if you're a short guy, avoid shirts and t-shirts that resemble shirt dresses. This will result in poor proportions by making your torso appear longer and your legs appear shorter. Rather than that, choose shirts and t-shirts that fall above the crotch when not tucked in. Additionally, while purchasing pants, ensure that the crotch fits properly and does not sag.