Georgia's Population Increase
Georgia is most known for many things such as its nightlife, job opportunities, and highly recommended college campuses (University of Georgia, Spelman, Southern U). Statistics show that between the year of 2020 and 2021 Georgia's population increased by 1 million, which is larger than the population of smaller cities. Because of this the cost renting and the costing, buying homes have nearly doubled since the 90's, causing people to struggle in finding stable homes. Not only that, but the percentage of non-vacant apartments/homes have also decreased. Certain cities within Georgia apply to this matter specifically, which include Decatur, Brookhaven, and Buckhead, which are all known to be highly reviewed and highly respected suburbs.
Georgia's population increase isn't the only factor that has played a role in the increase of rental cost. In January of 2020 the United States gained it's first Covid case, and since then the amount cases have increased to millions. And though today there is a vaccine people can receive, there are still ways in which people have been impacted. Unemployment rates have increased, the number of students enrolled in physical college courses have increased, and more people have fallen at the United States poverty line.
Founded in 1874, Douglasville is known to be one of the oldest suburbs that are located on the outskirts of Atlanta. Douglasville is best known for its state park 'Sweetwater Creek State Park'. A family friendly neighborhood, full of freshly built homes and average school systems, Douglasville as been one of the most popular suburbs where a lot of individuals from out of state migrate towards when relocating. Most importantly, compared to other suburbs, Douglasville has not yet when to the extreme when it comes to charging rent. Listed below are 5 different links that leads to affordable Douglasville Georgia apartments that range from $1300-$1500 a month (for one bedroom).
Side note: Prices vary daily and the best way to receive clear and accurate apartment pricing is to call the leasing agencies or to email them as well.
1. MillCreek Place ($1043 a month) - offers low income housing and must fit a certain income criteria in order to be approved for leasing - https://www.millcreekplaceapts.com/floorplans
2. Lakeside At Arbor Place ($1326 a month) - https://www.lakesideatarborplace.com/floorplans
3. Brookview Apartments ($1195 a month) - https://www.brookviewapthomes.com/floorplans
4. Stewart Mill Apartments ($1285 a month) - https://www.stewartsmillapartments.com/floorplans
5. Carrington Point ($1387 a month) - https://www.livecarringtonpoint.com/apartments/ga/douglasville/floor-plans#/