I love paella, but sometimes it's so filling. I've been curious to make the classic Spanish dish with cauliflower rice and this recipe did not disappoint! You can use whatever seafood or meats you want. We used shrimp, scallops and chicken sausage.
- Pound of shrimp
- Pound of scallops
- 2 Chicken sausages (half package)
- 2 Containers of cauliflower rice (ours had corn in it, but plain would be fine)
- 1/2 Can of peas
- 1 Cup of tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of saffron
- 1 Tablespoon of parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On medium heat, add olive oil and garlic to pan. Then add seafood (shrimp and scallops). Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- In a separate pan cook the chicken sausage for about 7 minutes (or sausage if your choice).
- Then, put stove on low and add cauliflower rice. Cook for two minutes.
- Next, add tomato sauce and saffron. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and evenly distribute throughout the pan.
- Slice sausage and add to pan. Cook on low for 5 more minutes
- Let simmer until ready to eat. Add cilantro and lemon as garnish.