ATLANTA, GA — The president of Spelman College, Mary Schmidt Campbell, Ph.D., will join the new Guild Education Advisory Board, bringing together a diverse group of executives from business and education to support the firm’s goal and drive crucial insights.
Guild is an education platform that prepares corporations for the future through online classes. Guild’s revolutionary strategy allows working adult learners to attend high-quality universities without incurring debt.
The new Guild Advisory Board brings together a diverse collection of executives to gain ideas that will help Guild better serve its stakeholders — America’s workforce, the country’s leading employers, and academic and learning institutions.
“Improving access to education is critical as the country continues to recover from the pandemic and the American workforce needs to up-skill and re-skill to keep pace with the impact of technology and innovation in every industry,” said Mary Schmidt Campbell, Ph.D., president of Spelman College. “I am honored to join the extraordinary leaders on the advisory board of Guild Education. Their appreciation of diverse experiences and expertise will translate into more adult learners being able to advance their careers through education.”
Dr. Campbell will join the top professionals at the forefront of innovation for students in the community college system and historically Black institutions and universities supporting Guild.
“Our Advisory Board will help drive insights into the future of work and future of learning and, most importantly, help us better serve our key stakeholders, including our students,” said Rachel Carlson, Guild Education CEO and Co-Founder. “This is an incredible group — with a breadth and depth of knowledge across business, education and technology. We’re looking forward to working with them and learning from them as we advance our mission of unlocking opportunity for America’s workforce through education and up-skilling.”
The top experts support Guild at the forefront of innovation for students in the community college system and HBCUs because of the firm’s focus on equitable student outcomes and economic mobility for diverse communities.
The members of the advisory board are:
- Dr. Mary Schmidt Campbell, President, Spelman College
- Geoffrey Canada, President, Harlem Children’s Zone
- Randi Cosentino, Former Chief Academic Officer, Guild Education
- Christine Deputy, Chief People Officer, Pinterest
- Sean Kelley, Former Talent Acquisition Director, Amazon
- Rob Lauber, Former Chief Learning Officer, McDonald’s
- Paul LeBlanc, President, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
- John McKernan, Former Governor of Maine and Chairman and CEO, McKernan Enterprises
- Deanna Mulligan, Former CEO of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Kevin Oakes, CEO, Institute for Corporate Productivity
- Eloy Oakley, Chancellor, California Community Colleges
- Carol Quillen, President, Davidson College
- Matt Schuyler, Chief Brand Officer, Hilton
- Lisa Sherman, CEO & President, Ad Council
- Michael Sorrell, President, Paul Quinn College
- Brittany Stich, Co-Founder, Guild Education
- Sara Martinez Tucker, Former Under Secretary of Education at the U.S. Department of Education
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.