This summer, Los Angeles is going to get to experience movies in the open air from a rooftop seat or the comfort of your car. The Rooftop Cinema Club now has three locations throughout the LA area to make it convenient for everyone to see their favorite films in an exciting way.
Head to Downtown Los Angeles for Rooftop Cinema Club DTLA at LEVEL, enjoy tailgating at The Drive-In at Santa Monica Airport or take the kids to the family-friendly events at Rooftop Cinema Club El Segundo. The technology is also leveling up this year — Rooftop Cinema Club installed an LED screen at the El Segundo location to allow for matinee screenings for viewers of all ages. The Drive-In at Santa Monica Airport will also be stepping up with a new LED screen beginning in late July, so those end-of-summer flicks will look even better than before.
Here's what you can find at each venue:
The Drive-In at Santa Monica Airport:
3233 Donald Douglas Loop S
Santa Monica Interim Open Space
Santa Monica, CA 90405
With a 52-foot screen and audio broadcast through the FM transmitter radio in your car, you will get that old-school drive-in feel at the Santa Monica location. You are welcome to bring your own snacks to this site, but there are also local food trucks serving up delicious bites Thursday through Sunday (and of course, classic movie concessions).
This year, tailgating is allowed in your parking spot, so you can enjoy the movie from inside or outside your vehicle. And yes, there are restrooms on-site for any bathroom breaks needed.
July schedule – Open 7 days a week, with two screenings every Thursday-Saturday:
- Prime screening – start time 8:30 p.m.
- Late screenings: Thursday through Saturday – start time between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Doors open an hour before the prime screenings and 30 minutes before the late screenings. All ages are welcome to all screenings.
Rooftop Cinema Club El Segundo
1310 E Franklin Ave
El Segundo, CA 90245
Come early to enjoy food from local restaurant partners, drinks from the full bar and lawn games with the mountains as your backdrop. You will be able to select your seats and snack on movie concessions, available with contactless order and pick-up. The movie is broadcast through state-of-the-art, wireless headphones and an amazing view of the big LED screen. And there are special events to enjoy throughout the summer, be on the lookout for additional elements such as themed decor, specialty cocktails, photo ops and interactive games.
July schedule – Open 7 days a week, with two screenings every Sunday-Tuesday and three screenings Wednesday-Saturday:
- Matinee screening – start time between 4 and 5 p.m. (all ages welcome)
- Prime screening – start time 8 p.m. (18+ only)
- Late screenings: Wednesday through Saturday – start time between 10:15 p.m. and 11 p.m. (18+ only)
- Doors open an hour before early screenings and 30 minutes before prime and late screenings.
Rooftop Cinema Club DTLA
4th Floor, 888 South Olive St
Los Angeles, CA 90014
The set-up is similar to Rooftop Cinema Club El Segundo, but your backdrop is the stunning Downtown LA cityscape, instead of the mountainside views.
July schedule – Open 7 days a week, with two screenings every Thursday through Saturday:
- Prime screening – start time 8:30 p.m. (this will vary depending on sunset time)
- Late screenings: Thursday through Saturday – start time between 10:45 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- Doors open an hour before the prime screenings and 30 minutes before the late screenings.
For more information, find the complete list of movie titles and the full Rooftop Cinema Club El Segundo, The Drive-In at Santa Monica Airport and Rooftop Cinema Club DTLA schedule here.
Before you go, check out: The Moviegoing Experience Is Back in Downtown Los Angeles with the Alamo Drafthouse Reopening
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.