A national retail store chain with hundreds of stores throughout the country recently announced that it would be closing most of its store locations in Maryland. Many of these stores are currently running "closing sales" to liquidate inventory. Read on to learn more.
On February 14, 2023, the national discount retail chain "Tuesday Morning" announced that it intended to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy to "support reorganization and transformation" of the company.
At the time of the filing, the Tuesday Morning retail chain maintained more than 465 store locations, ten of which were in Maryland.
In connection with the reorganization effort, Tuesday Morning announced that it intended to close at least eight of its Maryland store locations. Most of those stores are currently running "closing sales" to reduce inventory before the stores shutter permanently.
Here are the Tuesday Morning store locations in Maryland that will be closing shortly:
- 1171 Maryland Avenue in the South End Shopping Center in Silver Spring,
- 13832 Georgia Avenue in the Northgate Plaza in Silver Spring,
- 15500 Annapolis Road in the Free State Shopping Center in Bowie,
- 9150 Baltimore National Pike in St. John's Plaza in Ellicott City,
- 121 Hillsmere Drive in Bay Ridge Plaza in Annapolis,
- 1447 Rock Spring Road in the Rock Spring Shopping Center in Bel Air,
- 1616 East Jefferson Street in Congressional Plaza in Rockville, and
- 139 Ritchie Highway in Magothy Gateway in Severna Park.
You can see the complete list of Tuesday Morning stores marked for closure nationwide here on the company's website.
Kristen Walters is an independent writer informing readers about local business news. She has no affiliation with the business or organization featured in this story. Send inquiries, info, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Kristen on Medium for more stories on the economy, news, money, and more.
Comments / 10