If you are one of the millions of Americans who love coffee, you may be excited to learn that many major national coffee chains and restaurants are giving away complimentary cups of the caffeinated beverage in both hot and cold varieties in honor of National Coffee Day.
This year, National Coffee Day is on Thursday, September 29, 2022. Here is a list of some of the major national coffee houses and restaurants that are giving out free coffees or offering discounts to customers in honor of the day.
- Dunkin: Customers who sign up for DD Perks can get a free medium coffee (iced or hot) with any purchase.
- Peet's Coffee: Get a free small drip coffee with any purchase at participating locations.
- Sheetz: Customers who use the Sheetz app can get a free cold brew coffee.
- Wendy's: Get a free small coffee or Frosty-ccino with the Wendy's app.
- Burger King: Customers can get a free small iced coffee with any purchase of $1 or more using the BK app.
- Duck Donuts: Get a free medium coffee when you purchase a donut.
- Dunn Brothers Coffee: Customers get a free medium coffee when they use the Dunn Brothers Rewards app.
- Ikea: Shoppers can stop in for a free cup of coffee in any US store.
- Krispy Creme: Get free hot or iced coffee - no purchase necessary.
Oddly enough, you may have noticed that one famous national coffee shop is missing from this list. According to sources, Starbucks, the popular national coffee spot, will not be offering any free coffee deals to celebrate National Coffee Day.
Kristen Walters is an independent business news writer. She is not affiliated with the business featured in this story. Read more from Kristen here.