Before the Roast
1. Pre-treatment. Thaw the duck, wash it, remove the internal organs, and cut off the duck head, the upper part of the duck wing, duck leg, and sole. Be careful not to be on the duck body
Move the knife up, and don't tear the duck skin in the process.
2. Blow. Observe carefully that the duck skin and duck meat are connected. Find a place where the connection is not too tight. Use a straw or bicycle pump to blow in the air to separate the skin and the meat.
3. Rinse the skin with boil water. Boil 5 quarts of water to prepare the duck body. Scalding is to shrink the pores, solidify the protein in the epidermal layer, and maximize the subcutaneous gas
The ground swells, the skin is dense and taut, oily and smooth, easy to bake. When operating at home, because ducks are heavier, this work is best done by two people.
Have one person holding the duck with both feet (be careful to wear thick plastic gloves to prevent scalding). The other person holds the pot and pours hot boiling water on the duck's skin.
Pour on the duck skin. See the duck skin shrink. That is, turn the duck or change position and then shower. The water must be freshly boiled, and be careful not when it is hot.
Concentrate on scalding a particular place, take it easy, and don't scald the duck skin.
4. Hook up. Pass the hook in from the front of the duck's butt and tie it tightly with cotton thread. Then find a hard object (such as a beer bottle, mineral water bottle, etc.) and stuff it into the duck belly
Son, support the duck belly.
5. Brush with sugar water and air dry. After the roast duck is hung up, brush the duck with sugar water evenly, hang it in a ventilated place, and let it air dry. To be dry
Brush the sugar water again. Air-drying is a critical step. After the duck skin has dried out a part of the moisture, the skin and meat are easily separated during the roasting process. Air-dried
Three main methods.
Option 1: It is air-dried naturally and air-dried for 6 hours in a ventilated place at room temperature.
Option 2: Blow dry with a hairdryer if you are impatient.
Option 3: Keep it in the refrigerator and wait for it to dry. Put the duck in the fridge overnight and hang it vertically on the rack of the fridge. The fridge can help the evaporation process, drop some moisture, and keep it at a low temperature to ensure it does not deteriorate. Hanging in the refrigerator freezer for 1 day and then taking it out for roast will be no problem. No matter what kind of plan is used to dry, in short, brush aside with sugar water before roasting
. Brush evenly. Otherwise, it will directly cause uneven color.
[Roasting the duck]
The whole roasting process takes about three or four hours. Take a 6-pound duck as an example:
1. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (or 190 degrees Celsius).
While the oven is preheating, remove the support (such as a bottle) from the duck belly and substitute stuffing. Then soak the bread thoroughly and stuff it into the belly of roast duck.
Zi Li. (If you want to try other flavors, you can also consider soaking the bread with orange juice.) The rack is placed on the baking tray, and the duck is placed on the stand.
When the oven temperature reaches 375 degrees, put the duck in and bake for 40 minutes. If you hear a squeak in the oven, it's normal because the duck skin is thick.
The subcutaneous fat is melting and dripping into the baking pan. Within these 40 minutes, you need to turn on the oven two or three times, take the duck out and turn it over. If the duck is in the roasting pan
If there is more oil, pour it out. Or replace this baking tray with another clean baking tray, set rack, and duck to continue roasting. (
Because the duck oil will soak the duck body quickly when the oil is boiling, affecting the crispy skin)
2. Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 60-100 minutes.
After 40 minutes, adjust the oven temperature to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius) and continue roast for an hour. low
Warm and long roasting is to roast tender meat. Note a few points: you need to turn over once or twice in the middle; there is a duck fat deposit.
Pour out the duck fat or change the baking tray immediately; if the bread cubes in the duck belly become dry, add a little water to soak it.
3. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-70 minutes.
High-temperature roast is to produce a crispy crust. If the first two steps basically don't burn the duck, but at this step, if the time is not right
It burns easily. Turn on the oven from time to time and look at it.
1. Although there is a rack, there is oil everywhere in the oven. Reason analysis: It may be that the baking pan is too shallow, or the duck fat may not be cleaned up in time during the roasting process.
There are many drops of duck oil. During the high-temperature roasting process, you can often hear the sizzling, that is, the duck oil is melting and dripping into the roasting pan. Solution
Method: Use a darker roasting pan; it is best to have two roasting pans alternate so that it is convenient to pour out the duck fat in time during the roasting process.
2. Roasted duck skin is not crispy. Analysis of the cause: it may be that the duck is immersed in duck fat facing down, and the solution is as mentioned above. Clean up in time
Duck fat. It is also possible that the high-temperature roasting time of the third step is not enough.
3. The color of the roasted duck skin has almost turned black. Reason analysis: it is burnt, too much time; also, there may be a problem with the ratio of sugar and water.
Solution: Turn on the oven from time to time and take a look to prevent it from being burnt; the weight ratio of sugar to water should be 1:7 to 1:9.