BYRDSTOWN, TN - Plan your weekend to enjoy fresh outdoor air with your loved ones at Cordell Hull Birthplace State Park. You can register and donate from $1 to $10 to join the event, except for other events that require more preparation. From exploring nature to making crafts, here is the upcoming events schedule:
Friday, Sept. 3
1. Habitat Rummy - Start at 11 a.m.
Bring your little ones to explore the type of habitats for animals through card game of habitat rummy with Interpretative Ranger Jackson.
Saturday, Sept. 4
1. Appalachian Test Kitchen - Bacon And Omelet - Start at 10 a.m.
Enjoy cooking bacon and omelet using open fire like people in the 1870s. You can munch the breakfast meal together after the session by registering and paying $2 per child and $5 per adult.
2. Bear Necessities - Start at 2 p.m.
Learn more about black bears with Interpretive Ranger Robert.
3. Historic Children's Games - Start at 1 p.m.
Get crafty and join Interpretative Ranger Jackson to learn about historical children’s toys and games while making toys you can bring home.
4. Historic Children's Games Workshop: Jacob's Ladder - Start at 3 p.m.
Make your own Jacob’s Ladder using hammers and nails, collaborating with your child as a team, with Interpretative Ranger Jackson only for $3 per person.
5. Scavenger Hunt - Start at 11 a.m.
Win the prize by finding all the items on the list from Interpretive Ranger Robert.
Sunday, Sept. 5
1. Afternoon Croquet - Start at 2:30 p.m.
Challenge yourself by joining the Croquet game at the park.
2. Candle Making - Start at 11 a.m.
Make your candle and try a different method with Interpretive Ranger Robert.
3. Fingerweaving - Start at 10 a.m.
Learn how to leverage your fingers to weave with Interpretive Ranger Jackson.
4. Sinkholes - Start at 3 p.m.
Join the discussion about sinkholes with Interpretive Ranger Robert.
Learn more information regarding the events at Cordell Hull Birthplace State Park here.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.