The Flower Mart festival this weekend will result in road closures and limited parking in areas of Mount Vernon to prepare for the more than 40 flower, craft and food vendors that will be setting up shop.
In preparation for and during the event, the following streets will be closed and there will be parking restrictions beginning on Thursday, April 28, at 9 a.m. until Sunday, May 1, at 10 p.m.:
- Charles Street from Centre to Read Streets
- Madison Street from St. Paul to Cathedral Streets
- Vernon Place from St. Paul to Cathedral Streets
- Cathedral Street from Mt. Vernon Place to Centre Street (bike lane and parking lane only)
- Centre Street from Cathedral to north Charles Streets (bike lane and parking lane)
There will be signs in the areas to alert motorists and the department of transportation encourages the use of alternative routes.