(Forsyth County, GA) NewsBreak is providing a feature to help keep readers updated on crime issues in the county. The Forsyth County Superior Court recently released all indictments made in August 2023.
Six people were indicted for fleeing and attempting to elude a police officer. Most of these individuals were driving 20 mph over the speed limit on GA 400. One of these individuals was found to be in possession of methamphetamine and two were found to be convicted felons with firearms.
Brantley Zakk Scuffham was indicted on two counts of failure to comply with the requirements of the sexual offender registry when he did not alert the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office of the required registration information of a car in his possession within 72 hours. Scuffham was convicted of offenses of child molestation and computer or electronic pornography and child exploitation on July 10, 2017 in the Superior Court of Gwinnett County.
Steven Jennings was indicted for forgery in the first degree, forgery in the third degree, identity fraud, giving false information to a law enforcement officer and obstruction of an officer. Jennings attempted to defraud the Citizens Bank of Georgia in 2022.
Several individuals were indicted on drug-related charges, however, only one was indicted for intent to distribute.
Karima Rizwan Jiwani, the mother of “Baby India,” was indicted for the criminal attempt to commit murder and cruelty to children in the first degree. Jiwani is accused of abandoning her newborn baby in the woods along Daves Creek Road in Forsyth County on June 9, 2019.
The baby, referred to as “Baby India”, was found by nearby residents wrapped in a plastic bag. She was taken to the hospital where she received care and was reported to be healthy.
After a four-year-long search involving several agencies, including the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Jiwani was arrested by the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) on May 18. She was denied bond on May 20 and on June 15.
Several more individuals were indicted on charges involving violence:
- Randal Joseph Davis: rape, aggravated sodomy, battery-family violence
- James Edward Taylor Jr.: aggravated assault- family violence, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, battery-family violence and cruelty to children in the third degree
- Anthony Dale Frachiseur Sr.: two counts of aggravated assault, criminal damage to property in the second degree and criminal trespass
- Catlin Tyler Boswell: malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery-family violence two counts of aggravated assault-family violence
- Bobby Dwayne Martin: aggravated assault - family violence, false imprisonment, simple assault- family violence, criminal trespass-family violence, stalking, and three counts of obstruction of an officer
- Patrick David Dykes: terroristic acts and pointing gun at another (person)
- Aleh Beliauski: aggravated stalking, two counts of battery-family violence and cruelty to children in the third degree
- Tomas Marcik: aggravated child molestation to a child under 16 and three counts of child molestation
- Eric Joel Vasquez: criminal damage to property in the second degree and family violence battery
- Thomas Gene Haendel: Three counts of criminal damage to property in the second degree and one count of terroristic threats
- Mason Patrick Donnelly: two counts of criminal damage to property, criminal trespass and simple battery-family violence
If you have a news tip in Forsyth County, contact Justine Lookenott at email@example.com. You can also follow her on Twitter at @justalookenott.