It doesn't matter how hard you try to work without errors in QuickBooks, one or more bugs will hinder your efforts. Even though it is a wonderful software with a lot of functions, it has a flaw, which is the error that you may experience while working on it. The **QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001 **is one such example of a typical error. When you open the company file in multi-user mode, you'll frequently get this problem.
#How do we detect the "QuickBooks is unable to open this company file" issue?
You will witness these issues when dealing with QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001:
- When this mistake occurs on your device, you will notice several indicators that would appear in your QuickBooks application:
- Your company data file will not open.
- A gray glitchy screen will appear in the QB window. It won't have any data available.
- The screen may abruptly freeze. Also, it may cease responding to user inputs.
- If an error occurs, the window may become blank or white.
- In the multi-user mode, accessibility issues may occur.
#Ways to Resolve This Error: The Solutions
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file- This is an error message that often bugs many users. Hence, we have mentioned the most effective solutions for this error.
#Use File Doctor From Intuit
The official website of Intuit provides a one-stop solution for all QuickBooks Errors: The Tool Hub. File Doctor is a component available in this application. We will use this component to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001:
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it somewhere it is easily available.
- Open this file and follow all the on-screen instructions after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Open the newly installed Tool Hub.
- Now that you've opened the tool hub, go to the company file issues tab and click the run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- When this tool starts running, it completes its functions after a few minutes. However, if it doesn't respond, then you have to manually launch the file.
- Also, go to the company file option by clicking the drop-down menu. Or, you can browse for it.
- Finally, fill in the admin password and continue with the program.
#Rename ND File
You can solve the QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001 by renaming the Network Data file.
- Go to windows explorer and check the start button.
- After that, look for the folder that has your file.
- Now, click the ND file that has the QBW extension.
Finally, add OLD at the end of its name and rename the file. Lastly, try opening the company file.
Jude has a master's degree in Finance. Currently, he is working as a Financial Advisor for a bookkeeping-based startup ebetterbooks. He is also a contributor to other renowned accounting blogs.