- Yeah, bet!
- You’re so salty
- Flex on em’
- I’m lowkey a fan
- That’s some tea
These are all examples of slang that is popular in 2020. They’re not hurtful pieces of slang, but they all serve a purpose that most people understand.
“You’re such a simp”
That’s the most hurtful and demoralizing piece of slang that any guy can ever hear. It basically means you’re just a nice guy who doesn’t captivate a woman’s attention.
According to Dictionary.com, “Simp is a slang insult for men who are seen as too attentive and submissive to women, especially out of a failed hope of winning some entitled sexual attention or activity from them.”
Not all guys are like this, but the term gets tossed around like any other slang out there. If you know a good guy who may be mistaken for being a simp, I’ll clarify how you know he is one.
My Personal Experience With “Simping”
For a while, I thought that I was a simp in my relationship. It was a joke someone made when I did sweet things like getting my girlfriend flowers and doing nice acts of service for her.
Hearing the word “simp” made me insecure because I knew it didn’t have a good connotation. So I did my research and thought long and hard. I did all of these things because I love her.
It’s not for any external reason, and the feelings and actions are reciprocated. It was this confusion I had that led me to do more research on what exactly a simp comprises of.
What Does a Simp Do?
First, I’m going to go over some of the most common things a simp does to get a woman’s attention. These aren’t tell-tale signs someone is a simp, but they can help you spot one much faster.
A simp may do the following:
- Always try to impress a woman.
- Have no natural charm or game, so they resort to just doing anything for the woman to grab her attention
- Let a girl walk all over them for the smallest chance.
If you notice any of these behaviors from a guy, then you most likely have a simp on your hands. They make themselves easy targets for manipulation, and they need to be more self-aware.
What Doesn’t a Simp Do?
When looking at the misconception between a simp and someone who’s not, you should verify through the following actions. Pay close attention to these behaviors.
A non-simp does the following:
- He surprises his significant other with flowers because he loves her and appreciates her.
- He offers to do extra favors because he feels the love and appreciation reciprocated from his significant other.
- He takes on the responsibility of comforting his significant other when she’s having an unbearable day and she needs him.
If you notice a male who does nice things for his significant other similar to what is stated above, he’s not a simp. He’s a genuinely good guy, and he shouldn’t be taken for granted.
The world is loud. A lot of people say a lot of different things. It can be effortless to let words consume a man and rupture his confidence.
- To be a simp is to receive an external reward and not be romantic because the individual genuinely wants to do it.
- Someone who isn’t a simp doesn’t get walked all over. He’s loving and caring because he genuinely feels the connection.
If you know a good guy who’s questioning themselves and wondering if they’re a simp, support them.
They’re not a simp.
They’re one of the few.