(Forsyth County, GA) NewsBreak is providing a feature to help keep readers updated on crime issues in the county. The Grand Jury Indictments is posted weekly to inform readers about the next step in the criminal justice system after an arrest.
In July indictments, the Grand Jury:
- Indicted Travis Lawhorn on four counts, including three counts of selling methamphetamine and one count of interference with government property. The indictment alleges Lawhorn sold methamphetamine during April 2023 and damaged a sheriff’s patrol car.
- Indicted Cynthia Gonzalez on six drug-related counts. The indictment stems from April 2022 when Gonzalez was found with cocaine, etizolam, and marijuana with the intent to distribute.
- Indicted Oliver Calleja-Onofre with 12 counts, including rape, five counts of child molestation, four counts of sexual battery to a minor, and two counts of incest. The indictments allege Calleja-Onofre, from May 2022 to January 2023, raped a relative and committed instances of child molestation.
- Indicted Jeffrey Matson on six counts, including burglary, two counts of damage to property and three counts of burglary in the second degree. The indictment stems from an October 2002 incident alleging Matson burgled a Forsyth County home, struck the door, and painted the garage door with orange paint.
- Indicted Gibson Brown with one count of possession of psilocin. The indictment stems from an incident in September 2021. The charge alleges Brown had more than four grams of psilocin.
If you have a news tip in Forsyth County, contact John Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org