(Forsyth County, GA) NewsBreak is offering readers a restaurant report card presented each week. Here are the grades scored by the Forsyth County Health Department during inspections conducted between July 27-August 2, 2023:
- Al Pastor Taqueria (6330 Halcyon Way) Grade A-98. The inspector observed scoops with handle ends in food products.
- Decker’s (560 Lakeland Plaza) Grade A-99. The inspector observed wet mop was not hung to dry after use.
- Hibachi Express (3645 Browns Bridge Road) Grade A-99. The inspector observed cups/bowls without handles used as scoops for bulk foods.
- Jay’s Mexican Grill (1545 McFarland Parkway) Grade A-93. The inspector observed reduced oxygen packaged tilapia thawing in the walk-in cooler. The inspector observed using bowls as scoops for the sugar, rice, and beans.
- LA Sushi (4090 Johns Creek Parkway) Grade C-72. The inspector observed a measuring cup in the hand sink in the front food service area. The inspector observed the same prep knife used for raw and cooked sushi on the front line. The inspector noted tempura batter and crunchy toppings stored at room temperature. The inspector observed
reusable dishcloths used with spray sanitizers.
If you have a news tip in Forsyth County, contact John Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org