(Forsyth County, GA) NewsBreak is introducing a new feature to keep readers updated on crime issues in the county. Indictment Watch will be posted weekly to inform readers about the next step in the criminal justice system after an arrest.
- Derick Elliot was indicted on two total counts, including a heroin trafficking count. The indictment said Elliot had four grams of heroin in January 2023. Elliot was also indicted for driving under the influence of drugs.
- Indicted Cooper Wells Hansen on one
count of terroristic threats concerning threatening to bomb a synagogue in March 2023. The indictment says Hansen threatened to bomb the Congregation Beth Israel Jewish Community Center.
- Indicted Thad Brumfield on eight counts, including five counts of sexual exploitation, one count of possession of methamphetamine, one count of obscene internet contact with a child, and one count of computer pornography. The indictments stemmed from a June 20 incident when Brumfield contacted a child on a social media app for sexual purposes. The indictments also concern Brumfield possession of digital images containing sexual images of children.
- Indicted Darryl Russell on three counts of cruelty to children and three counts of battery and family violence. The incident stems from an incident in January 2022. The indictment says Russell punched a child under 18 multiple times in the face. The indictment also says Russell threw the juvenile into a wall and beat the child with a jump rope.
- Indicted Nicholas Murray with three counts of aggravated assault, three counts of terroristic threats, one count of criminal property damage, two counts of aggravated cruelty to animals, and one count of arson in the first degree. The indictment concerns a January 2023 incident. The indictment says Murray beat three people with a flashlight, threatened to kill two people, beat a car with a flashlight, and set fire to a house that led to two animals being injured.
If you have a news tip in Forsyth County, contact John Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org