Christmas officially kicks off in the "Model City" this weekend with a day of shopping, holiday decorations, the Christmas parade, and the tree lighting at Church Circle.
The festivities begin this Saturday with the Jingle & Mingle Shop & Hop in downtown Kingsport from 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Downtown Kingsport Association says you should start off your day by “shopping & hopping” from store to store, grab a bite to eat, and get ready for the annual Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting, plus so many more activities throughout the day.
The parade starts at 6:00 p.m. from the corner of Clinchfield and West Center Streets. I will run down Center Street, to Cherokee Street, then to Sullivan Street, Church Circle, and end at Clay Street.
You'll see lots of decorated vehicles and floats, marching bands, and Saint Nick himself. The Christmas tree lighting will occur at Church Circle at 7:45 p.m., immediately after the parade.
A full list of Christmas events can be found at www.ChristmasInKingsport.com.
Here's a summary of Saturday's events:
10 am - 8 pm
- Jingle & Mingle Shop & Hop, sponsored by Bank of Tennessee, features holiday shopping at more than 50 downtown Kingsport businesses;
11 am - 12:30 pm
- Downtown Kingsport Historical Walking Tour, led by Jeff Fleming.
3 pm - 5 pm
- Santa’s Workshop in Glen Bruce Park;
- Jingle Jams on Broad, sponsored by LampLight Theatre, will offer a variety of holiday entertainment in the park’s gazebo;
- Pictures with Santa, sponsored by Home Trust Bank, with Photography by Heather Lane, will take place inside the bank;
- Letters to Santa, sponsored by Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union, will be held in the park.
2 - 8 pm:
- Very Merry Food Truck Rally sponsored by Eastman Credit Union — 400 block of Broad Street.
- Kingsport Christmas Parade, sponsored by Visit Kingsport.
- Christmas Tree Lighting, sponsored by Branded.
The people of Kingsport are going all out again this holiday season. We hope everyone can turn out and make it a great day for everyone.