If you like rice krispie treats, you'll love them with cinnamon and sugar.
At the store the other day, I spotted Cinnamon Sugar Rice Krispies cereal.
Cinnamon and sugar being two of my favorite ingredients, I had to buy a box. After getting it home, it occurred to me these would make fantastic cereal bars.
Rice Krispie treats are already an easy and quick recipe to make. And the homemade version just tastes better than the store-bought.
Cinnamon and Sugar Rice Krispies Treats
Using the original Rice Krispies treat recipe from their website I added some cinnamon, sugar, and a little extra butter.
Additionally, I sprinkled a cinnamon sugar topping over the finished bars. The result? A gooey, marshmallowy, buttery, cinnamon treat.
Cinnamon Sugar Rice Krispies should be easy to find, but you can use regular Rice Krispies cereal for this. If so, you will just add a little extra cinnamon to the cereal-marshmallow mixture.
- 4 tablespoons butter (plus extra for greasing pan)
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (If you are using regular Rice Krispies cereal, increase cinnamon to 1 teaspoon)
- 6 cups Cinnamon Sugar Rice Krispies Cereal (or Regular Rice Krispies)
For the topping:
- Cinnamon sugar (combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish by either coating it with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 6 cups cereal to the marshmallows.
- Stir until the cereal is well coated with the melted marshmallows.
- With a buttered spatula or wax paper, press the cereal mixture into the greased baking pan.
- To make the topping, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, mixing well. Sprinkle evenly over the pan and shake from side to side.
- Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!
Store the bars in airtight containers at room temperature.
More from Jennifer Geer
- Made from scratch focaccia bread recipe in under one hour
- TikTok Famous Pasta Chips Recipe
- Easy, Creamy Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee) Recipe
- 4-ingredient mango smoothie recipe
- Chocolate depression cake recipe: (No eggs, no butter, no milk)
To get NewsBreak stories delivered for FREE on your phone, download the NewsBreak App. If you use my link, I get a small commission (at no cost to you.)