Save money with your holiday shopping (and help a worthy cause while you're at it) by getting a canvas bag full of coupons when you donate $25 or more to Plainfield Pride
A $25 donation to Plainfield Pride will net you coupons worth quite a bit more from some of the most popular retail shops and restaurants in Plainfield.
Plainfield Pride is a local organization with the mission of supporting the LGBTQIA+ community in the southwest Chicago suburb. The group's goal this December is to raise $10,000 to go towards the opening of an LGBTQIA+ drop-in center in Plainfield. Plainfield Pride plans to open the center at the Plainfield Congregational Church, UCC with the collaboration of Youth Outlook.
The drop-in center will provide a place where LGBTQIA+ youth aged 12 to 20 years can get together to meet, offer support, and talk about important topics.
Jes McIlvain, executive director of Plainfield Pride said in an email, "The drop-in center will provide a safe space where the youth will be affirmed, supported, and celebrated."
What's in the bag?
The canvas Hometown Pride Bags are filled with coupons from over fifteen popular local retailers and restaurants in Plainfield and the nearby southwest Chicago suburbs.
The participating businesses are a diverse bunch including a coffee shop in downtown Plainfield, a Plainfield yoga studio, a Joliet glass artist, and a popular Plainfield pizza place.
McIlvain said, "Community affirmation is incredibly important and we hope to continue to work with and support our businesses and our community and believe this is a great way to do so."
Some of the goodies you can expect to find in the bag include:
- $10 gift card to Uptown Tap & Eatery
- A free session from the School of Rock
- 10% off at MoeJoe's
- 10% off a memorial piece from Sue Regis Glass Art
- 30 days of unlimited yoga for $30 at Soul Flo Yoga (new clients only)
- Free exam and adjustment from Restore Wellness
How to donate
- Click on this link to be taken to the Plainfield Pride's PayPal webpage.
- Donate $25.00 or higher to receive the canvas bag.
- Be sure to add a note below your donation amount to specify your donation is for the Hometown Pride Bag.
- Pick up your bags at one of two locations:
- Krema Coffeehouse on Monday, December 13th from 4-5 PM
- Black Dog Vinyl Cafe on Tuesday, December 14th from 10-11:30 AM.
According to McIlvain, "We chose to do this fundraiser because we felt it was a way to bring community together and really support local. We love supporting our LGBTQIA+ owned and ally businesses and we hope to bring them some new customers and support."
If you would like to learn more about Plainfield Pride, the group is holding a panel discussion on Wednesday, December 9th at Black Dog Vinyl Cafe at 7 PM on the importance of family and safe spaces when growing up LGBTQIA+.
Want NewsBreak stories delivered directly to your phone? Download the NewsBreak App here. (Full disclosure: I do get a small commission if you click my referral links.)