You can support local Illinois businesses while getting a unique advent calendar for your kids (or yourself) this 2021 holiday season
Christmas is approaching fast, but there is still time to get a specialty advent calendar by December 1st. You can even find one locally made to support Chicago and Illinois businesses.
However, don't delay your order because supplies may be limited, and specialty advent calendars tend to sell out fast.
There are advent calendars for Christmas lovers of all ages these days. Whether you're looking for chocolates, sweets, snacks, or beer and wine, this list has you covered.
For the sweets lover:
- XO Marshmallow. Located at 6977 North Sheridan Road, the cafe is open for limited hours. Every day in the calendar is a surprise with 25 days of different marshmallows. Inside each door, you'll find unique flavors like lavender honey, butterbeer, maple pancakes, pickle, and chai. Calendars are still in stock as of this writing, but the website warns they sell out fast. Order online for $52.95 on their website.
- Frango Chocolates Holiday Chocolate Advent Calendar. Marshall Fields may be gone, but Frango mints live on. Now owned by Garrett Brands and sold by Macy's, you can get a Frango Mint Advent Calendar filled with milk chocolate minty goodness. Macy's is currently offering it on sale for $13 (50% off for its Black Friday special.) Find it in Chicago area Macy's stores, or order online at Macys.com.
- Graham’s Fine Chocolates & Ice Cream. A family-owned business with shops in Wheaton and Geneva, Graham's is offering an Advent Calendar with a variety of traditional chocolate treats (truffles, nut clusters, chocolates, and more) for $36.98. You can order online and pick it up in the store or have it shipped directly to you.
For the wine lover:
- Wine and Cheese Co.'s 12 Days of Christmas Wines. Located in Plainfield, this shop offers an assortment of 12 Christmas wines for $150 from all around the world. It's gift-wrapped and offers a calendar of tasting notes and food pairing suggestions for each wine. You can order online on the website, but note that supplies are limited.
For the beer lover:
- Lodi Tap House's Illinois Craft Beer Calendar. Or if you don't want beer, this Illinois tap house located in Maple Park and Utica also offers an Illinois Seltzer, Cider, Mead Advent Calendar. Each calendar sells for $89.00 and offers 24 different varieties. Order online and pick up in a variety of Chicagoland locations (they won't ship it to you). Check the website for details.
For those that love variety:
- Delicious Illinois Advent Calendar. This company was recently featured in the Chicago Tribune, and for $149, you can get a wide variety of made-in-Illinois goodies including coffee, tea, sweets, roasted nuts, and even pizza seasoning. Order online here.
Want NewsBreak stories delivered directly to your phone? Download the NewsBreak App here. (Full disclosure: I do get a small commission if you click my referral links.)