American couple found in hotel room from carbon monoxide poisoning

Jenn Leach

This viral TikTok video shares some sad news of an American couple found dead in their resort hotel room from carbon monoxide poisoning. The video reached over 2 million views, 205,000+ likes,1,600+ comments, 35,000+ favorites, and 49,000+ social shares.
Photo byTikTok

This is it:

What happened?

The couple was vacationing in Mexico. After the first few days, they went to the hospital, suffering from what was thought to be food poisoning. Their five-star hotel room was over $700/night, the Hyatt Rancho Pescadero in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

On Tuesday, they were found in their hotel room unresponsive.

Carbon monoxide detectors were reportedly disabled in January after multiple complaints of the sounds of them going off. And despite numerous complaints, instead of fixing the issue, the Hyatt just ignored it.

This GoFundMe was started for the couple to cover transportation and funeral costs.

What commenters said

  • "Gee, I wonder why the carbon monoxide detector kept going off"
  • "terrible, no one is tryly safe anywhere. how sad. I hope this place shuts down for good & whoever ignored these signs...
  • "I stayed in the exact same room as them one week prior to this! I was hospitalized the night I got there and was told was a heat stroke"

What do you think?

What do you think about this video?

Have you seen this viral TikTok video?

Is this a surprise to you to learn?

Would you buy and bring your own plug-in carbon monoxide detector on your next hotel stay?

Share your thoughts in comments and feel free to share this article on social media and with your friends and family, if you'd like.

Disclaimer: This article is only for educational and informational purposes

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 0

Published by

Millennial entrepreneur and writer bringing you fresh content and ideas about making money, side hustles, personal finance, budgeting, and lifestyle. Connect with me:

Katy, TX

More from Jenn Leach

Comments / 0