Eligible California residents are awaiting stimulus checks that started getting issued in October 2022 and will continue to be distributed through January 2023.
They are called Middle Class Tax Refunds and this is how they work...
Who is getting the $1,050 stimulus?
The Middle Class Tax Refund is a program designed to benefit Californians, providing one-time payment financial relief to eligible California residents.
If eligible, payment is issued automatically between October 2022 and January 2023. Payments are issued via debit card.
- Eligible taxpayers in California may be eligible for the stimulus
- Payment amounts range from $200 to $1,050
- Nearly 7 million payments have been issued as of December 9, 2022
Eligibility is determined by your state residency and earnings in the 2020 tax year. Here's how you qualify:
- California residents who filed state taxes individually and earned $250,000 or less and couples who made $500,000 or less
Here is more information on the Middle Class Tax Refund
- Over 8 million debit cards have been issued as a part of the program
- 8.3 billion dollars have been paid so far
- 29+ million Californians have benefited
Stimulus programs like this are available in certain states within the U.S., California being one of them. Do you think all states should offer a statewide stimulus check to eligible residents?
Did you know about the Middle Class Tax Refund?
What do you think about this?
Share your thoughts in comments and feel free to share this article on social media and with your friends and family, if you'd like.
Disclaimer: This article is only for educational and informational purposes
Comments / 0