In this viral Tik Tok video, creator @brunchwithbabs shares the correct way to use your kitchen dishwasher. The video received over 3 million views, nearly 500,00 views, and 3,700+ comments.
This is it...
How does the video teach you how to load the dishwasher the right way?
She explains the do's and don'ts of loading the dishwasher.
The don'ts are:
- Scrape don't rinse the dishes. She uses a spoon to scrape what looks like a bowl of half-eaten oatmeal from a bowl, as an example. Doing this saves water and gives the detergent something to stick to, according to the Tik Tok creator.
- Don't put things in the dishwasher that don't belong there. Wood objects or your good kitchen knives are examples she shares not to use in the dishwasher.
The do's are:
- Fragile items belong on the top shelf and they belong nestled between the prongs not on top of them.
- Small bowls go on the top rack of the dishwasher and make sure not to overlap them.
- Bulky utensils can go on the top rack as well, nestled between your dishes (like the fragile items and bowls, in the video).
- Wine glasses go on the dishwasher prongs and you should use a stabilizer, if you have one on your dishwasher.
- For tall wine glasses, drop your top shelf of the dishwasher to make room for them.
- For the lower rack, dishes should face the center.
- If you put pots and pans in the dishwasher, they belong in the front.
- Dishwasher spray arms should be unobstructed.
Have you been following these tips when using your dishwasher?
What do you think about this?
Share your thoughts in comments and feel free to share this article on social media and with your friends and family, if you'd like.
Disclaimer: This article is only for educational and informational purposes.