There have been rumors about a fourth stimulus check for months now but, no action has been taken. Even with this petition from Change.org that reached a record 3 million signatures in favor of giving Americans $2,000/month in stimulus money, no fourth stimulus is in view.
Are the rising gas prices going to be the push that the government needs to finally grant a fourth stimulus check to Americans?
Since Russia invaded Ukraine, gas prices have been increasing.
Americans need assistance as they are coping with economic and financial stress.
Many people think stimulus money is long gone. Americans that were eligible, got to experience three rounds of stimulus checks and that's where it will stop.
Some say the one-time stimulus payments did help, others say they didn't.
These states created their own stimulus check program
Some states are getting creative, putting together their own stimulus check for residents, like these states.
They include things like:
- Raises for local workers
- Bonuses to people who return to work
- Money paid to families with young children
- Bonuses to people who are currently unemployed
- Thank you payments to people who returned to the workforce during the pandemic
- Bonuses to people who filed for the Earned Income Tax Credit in 2019
- One-time bonuses to front line workers
- One-time unemployment bonuses to people who lost their job during the pandemic
The wallets of Americans are getting squeezed as the economy tries to recover, inflation is brewing, and workers are returning to their place of employment after years of working from home.
Is this the perfect storm for a fourth stimulus check?