Update: Applications have closed.
For more on area relief programs, check out these options:
- Houston-Harris County Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- COVID-19 resources for the Greater Houston area
Have you submitted your application for the Harris County Recovery Assistance program? It just reopened and will remain open for 4 more days until September 12.
- $1,500 payment
- Eligible households in Harris County, Texas
- Emergency expense use like paying rent or mortgage, healthcare, etc.
This program will grant a one-time payment of $1,500 to households economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have already applied, do not apply again but if you have not applied, follow these instructions to complete your application...
How to Apply for $1,500 Pandemic Assistance
- Visit this page to apply
- Complete the application providing your name, address, contact information and number of people in your household, estimated monthly income, plus answering questions about public benefits programs that apply to you
- Be ready to upload documents
- Valid form of ID
- Self-certify that you are impacted by the pandemic
Initially you'll be asked to upload a valid form of ID and if you are selected, additional documents will be required like:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income
What is the selection process?
Recipients will be randomly selected, it is not on a first come, first served basis.
If selected, you will be contacted by Catholic Charities. You may be required to submit the additional documents detailed above if you did not upload them during the initial application.
Will $1,500 help?
This is like an extra stimulus payment.
While the U.S. is pushing for a $2,000/month stimulus payment for Americans, detailed in this petition that has received over 2.8 million signatures on Change.org, this could be a lifeline to hundreds of struggling households.
What do you think?
Will this Harris County stimulus payment help?
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.