Boardman, OH - On Sunday, August 1, 2021, from 10 am-3 pm at Boardman Township Park, The Mahoning Valley Olde Car Club (MVOCC) will host their annual Antique, Classic & Special Interest Car Show, also known as "Cars in the Park". This is their 42nd event.
Activities, a Chinese Auction, door prizes, food, a 50/50 draw, and a Kids Corner will all be available. Spectators who are interested in attending the event can attend for free, and there is no charge for parking. Regardless of the weather conditions, the event will go on.
The Mahoning Valley Olde Car Club was started in 1978 by a small group of Mahoning Valley citizens who had a passion for antique automobiles. The club has grown to a membership of around 200 people over the years.
In August of 1979, the inaugural outdoor auto show was conducted at the old Austintown Middle School. Ever since the event's launch, it has become a tradition to hold the event on the first day of August every year.
There are several general rules that everyone needs to remember when attending this event:
- To accelerate entrance on show day, please pre-register. The deadline for pre-registration is July 29, 2020.
- Only the first 250 automobiles will receive a dash plaque. Avoid disappointment by arriving early.
- All entries open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 1:00 p.m. sharp. To prevent disappointment, be on time!
- Judging will begin at 1:15 p.m. sharp. At around 4:00 p.m., the awards will be presented.
- Cars with "FOR SALE" signs must be parked in the auto corral and not on the show field.
- Members of MVOCC are ineligible for the door prize.
- Spaces for vendors are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Having a fire distinguisher on each vehicle is recommended.
Not only showcasing unique automobiles, but some of MVOCC's events also raise money for young people with serious illnesses, some of the club's activities. The club has provided almost $200,000 to kids who needed it in the last decade.
For the latest information, visit their website by clicking here: http://www.mvocc.com/
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.