Wendy's is in full fall season mode. Without any announcements beforehand, they have announced that they will have something special on their menu this fall season.
In a press release on September 6th, they announced that they will be serving two new items. It started on February 13th with the release of the Wendy's Pumpkin Spice Frosty and the Pumpkin Spice Frosty Cream Cold Brew.
Lindsay Radkoski, U.S. Chief Marketing Officer for The Wendy's Company stated, "Wendy's is helping turn our fans' cravings into reality this fall by introducing our new Pumpkin Spice Frosty. We are all about meeting our Frosty fans where they are by bringing familiar, and iconic, seasonal flavors to the menu. We can't wait for our fans to get their hands on this new go-to sweet treat this fall."
Wendy's is trying to make seasonal items that can be looked forward to and enjoyed every year. In the summertime months they served a strawberry frosty and last winter they released a peppermint frosty that was well received.
There are already several recipes out on the internet, and here is one of the pumpkin spice frosty!
Copycat Wendy's Pumpkin Frosty:
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- (This recipe uses an ice cream maker with a 1 ½ quart freezer bowl. Prep the freezer bowl by placing it in the freezer at least 24 hours in advance.)
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix the sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin puree until fully combined. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, then gently fold in the Cool Whip, stirring just a few times.
- Place the pumpkin mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Turn the ice cream maker on and then add the milk or heavy cream while it is churning. Let it continue to churn for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it reaches the desired consistency. Serve immediately.