On September 16-17, 2023, Delfino Farms in Camino, California will have the Apple Hill Johnny Appleseed Festival. September 16 is Johnny Appleseed day as well as the International Eat an apple day.
The Apple Hill Johnny Appleseed Festival will have something for everyone. (see applehill.com)
The 27th Annual Kids Weekend & Johnny Appleseed Day will be at Delfino Farms. The Johnny Appleseed Day events will go from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Delfino Farms (delfinofarms.com).
Kids will have a ball with mini cooking classes, scarecrow tasting, many delicious apple cakes and pies, and other foods. A scavenger hunt along with other fun things to do will be available to the children. For adults, there are many cider wines and drinks available to share the taste of apples.
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- 2 cups individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl; add margarine and mix well. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and press into the bottom, forming a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and reduce temperature to 325F degrees.
- Melt caramels and cream together in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Reserve 1 cup caramel for cheesecake filling and refrigerate the rest until serving time.
- Beat cream cheese together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; add 1/2 cup white sugar and beat until combined, scraping sides and beaters as needed. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add eggs and beat at low speed just until incorporated.
- Fold 1 cup caramel sauce and apples into cream cheese mixture; pour over the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 275F degrees and continue baking until center is mostly set, 75 to 90 minutes. Cool completely to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Heat reserved caramel sauce and drizzle over cheesecake.