One of the easiest and best ways to create a meal during a busy week is by making a casserole. It also can be a treat on the weekend when you don't want much fuss or work to do in the kitchen. It also uses only one main dish usually so cleanup is quick and easy.
One of the tastiest and easy dishes is Mexican Casserole. There are many ways to make it but this is my favorite way.
Easy Mexican Casserole:
This Mexican casserole is easy to make and very tasty. I often substitute with ground turkey and low-fat dairy products, and it's still delicious! Serve this casserole with chips, salsa, and green salad.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in beans; cook until heated through.
- Spread crushed tortilla chips over the bottom of the baking dish; spoon beef mixture on top. Spread sour cream over beef, then sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomatoes on top. Cover with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Comments / 29