Getting your Covid vaccine already offers some inherent benefits. This includes protecting yourself from severe Covid-19 symptoms, being able to see your family and friends who have also been vaccinated, preventing the spread of the virus to vulnerable people, and helping the world get back to normal.
If that isn’t motivation enough, there’s more! Some companies in the US are starting to offer incentives to customers or employees. Here’s what you can get in New York if you’ve had your shot:
1. Free donut - This is a nationwide campaign from Krispy Kreme. Customers with a valid vaccination card can get a free Original Glazed Doughnut from any of the 369 Krispy Kreme shops in 41 states. Dave Skena, Krispy Kreme chief marketing officer says this is available “anytime, any day, every day for the rest of the year.” No purchase is necessary and will continue through the rest of 2021. Krispy Kreme will only accept the Covid-19 Vaccination Record card as proof and the freebie is limited to one per day.
“We’d like to show sweet support to those who have received the COVID-19 Vaccine,” the doughnut company said in a tweet.
2. Free rides - Ride-sharing services Lyft and Uber have committed to providing free rides. In December 2020, Lyft announced that it will provide 60 million free and discounted rides to people who are most in need of getting the shot.
Uber has committed to providing 20 million rides to the most vulnerable groups. Rides will be free or discounted for seniors, essential workers, and others across North America, Europe, and Asia to help get them to vaccination centers.
3. Free beer - Samuel Adams has launched a “shot and a beer” promo which covers the cost of a brewski for the first 10,000 people (aged 21 and over) who share evidence of their jab on social media -- either in the form of a sticker or a bandage. The guidelines state that a photo must be posted on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #ShotforSam and to tag @SamuelAdamsBeer to receive $7 via CashApp to cover the cost of the beer. “Sam Adams hopes drinkers will get back to supporting the bars and restaurants they love. So if you get vaccinated against COVID-19, we’ll buy your first beer back!” Said the beer company.
Budweiser is doing a similar campaign. The company would give a free beer to anyone over 21 who can show proof of vaccination. The first 10,000 people to register at https://www.mycooler.com/en/free-bud/register.html and upload a photo of an “I got vaccinated” sticker, a photo of a bandage, or a selfie at a vaccination site will receive a $5 virtual debit card towards buying a single bottle of beer.
4. Free food - Hop on over to Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery in Brookly to get a free mini cheesecake when you show proof of your vaccination. To qualify, diners will need to show proof of receipt of the Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines — one shot will do — any day of the week. This is limited to one cheesecake per person.“We need people to be vaccinated. We need this to be over,” said Alan Rosen, owner of Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery. The downtown Brooklyn store is located at 386 Flatbush Ave ext, near DeKalb. The delicious mini cheesecakes are made with a special recipe using premium cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, and vanilla baked on top of sponge cake. The free cheesecake deal will run through Memorial Day on the 31st of May.
Nathan’s Famous is giving away free hotdogs at its Coney Island location to anyone who visits on the same day they get their vaccine. This is available until the end of April. You will need to show your vaccination card as proof.
5. Free museum admission - Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse is offering free admission to anyone with proof of vaccination. On the museum’s Facebook page it says: “While we can’t offer you any donuts, we do have some incredible art to feed the soul. See you #AtTheE.”