On November 11, 2021, South Korea demonstrated a system to control Urban Air Mobility Vehicles-UAM.
The Urban Air Mobility Vehicle will operate as a taxi between the main Gimpo International airport and downtown Seoul.
The project will run until 2025 and will reduce travel time by two-thirds.
According to the estimates of the Ministry of Transport, such services will reduce the travel time for a distance of 30-50 km by air from one hour to 20 minutes.
South Korea has announced a roadmap for starting commercial urban travel by 2020 and 2025.
Importance of UAM
UAM is expected to be a common mode of transport that citizens will use in their daily lives.
- To demonstrate control and coordination, the pilot flew a two-seater model built by the German Volocopter (German Manufacturer Volocopter).
- The UAM is powered by a helicopter-like rotor for vertical take-off and landing.
- The displayed aircraft can be operated or operated autonomously without one.
- When passengers board this aircraft, the pilot must operate the aircraft to ensure safety.
- Full-size prototype test flights are expected to begin by 2022.
The cost of a plane trip from Incheon International Airport to Central Seoul will be approximately 110,000 won, while its commercial journey will start in 2025. This travel cost is more expensive compared to premium taxis.
(110,00 South Korea Won= 6877.20 Indian Rupees) (1 Indian Rupees = 15.99 South Korea Won)
(110,00 South Korea Won = 9.23 US Dollar) (1 US Dollar = 1191.95 15.99 South Korea Won)
Read more this type of articles please visit our website: IQ Curator.
Comments / 0