* Author used AI in the creation of this article
The Michelin Star is awarded by the esteemed Michelin Guide. Colorado is the sixth US city featured, highlighting its growing culinary scene and talented chefs. This recognition establishes Colorado as a culinary destination, showcasing its unique flavors and experiences. With the Michelin Star's arrival, Colorado's restaurants now have a benchmark to strive towards, continuing to flourish as a dining destination.
This is a proud moment for Colorado and for the MICHELIN Guide, with five MICHELIN-Starred restaurants highlighting the state’s debut selection of restaurants,” said Gwendal Poullennec, the International Director of the MICHELIN Guides. “It’s quite an impressive feat for a debut selection to include so many MICHELIN Green Stars. Our famously anonymous inspectors were wowed by these restaurants’ high-quality, local ingredients, sourced seasonally and sustainably. It’s a very exciting time for the culinary community here, and we feel the momentum growing.”
Five Colorado restaurants earning Michelin Stars:
- Beckon, Denver - Contemporary cuisine, its tasting menu rotates quarterly. The seared quail breast with confit leg is "spot on", as mentioned in the guide.
- Bosq, Aspen - Seasonally inspired cooking, including foraging, fermenting and local farms. Allows for diners to customize their courses. The guide emphasizes Bosq's attention to detail.
- Brutø, Denver - A Mexican and contemporary restaurant based on locality and seasonality. The guide highlighted its their "mastery of the hearth", and mentioned its lamb, which is prepared two ways and showcases the Mexican-based menu.
- Frasca Food and Wine, Boulder - An Italian restaurant, with Slavic and Alpine elements. The dishes were noted for their "minimal, straightforward" approach.
- The Wolf's Tailor, Denver - This contemporary restaurant is a "unique, genre-defying" style using elements from includes Nordic, italian and East Asian cuisine. The menu, which changes throughout the year, highlights different themes while displaying technical precision and flavors that mesh well.
To dine at these establishments, visit their website for menu details and to place a reservation.