This Biscoff Icebox Cake is rich, creamy, and comes together in just minutes. It is made of Biscoff cookies layered with creamy Biscoff filling. This recipe will be become your go to recipe of Biscoff Icebox Cake because it is the easiest and tastiest of them all.
Biscoff cookies have an incredibly rich flavor different than any other cookies. The creamy mousse softens the Biscoff cookies, giving you incredibly creamy texture. The best part about this dessert is that it does not require baking so it comes together in minutes. Using Lotus Biscoff cookies and Biscoff cookie butter, you'll have a delicious dessert in no time.
WHY THIS REICPE WORKS.
- only 4 ingredients are required
- doesn't require baking
- beginner friendly recipe with easy to follow instructions
WHAT ARE BISCOFF COOKIES?
Biscoff cookies are crunchy, caramel flavored cookies. They were first invented in Belgium but have since expanded all over the world. Biscoff cookie butter, on the other hand, is a creamy spread that tastes just the the cookies but in a spreadable form.
WHAT IS AN ICEBOX CAKE?
The idea of an icebox cake was first invented in the 1940's. The original icebox cake included wafer cookies and whipped cream. The moisture from the whipped cream softens the cookies, giving them moist, cake like texture.
The same idea goes for this recipe. Biscoff cookies are layered with a mousse made of only 2 ingredients:
- heavy whipping cream
- instant vanilla pudding mix
Once you have your mousse made, the other two ingredients needed to make the Biscoff Icebox cake are the Biscoff cookies and Biscoff cookie butter. If you are looking to get the Biscoff products conveniently, click HERE (Amazon Affiliate Link).
This Biscoff Icebox cake will be so soft and silky, you'll fall in love with every bit you take.
HOW TO MAKE BISCOFF ICEBOX CAKE.
There are three steps in making the Biscoff Icebox Cake:
- First is making the mousse. The delicious mousse consists of only two ingredients: heavy whipping cream and instant vanilla pudding mix. After several trials, I found that the Biscoff cookies get very soft and they need a filling that will hold up. The best results came with instant pudding mix whipped with heavy whipping cream because the pudding mix makes the whipped cream not only flavorful but also sturdy.
- Second is layering the cake. After you have made the mousse, you are ready to assemble the Biscoff Icebox Cake. Start with a layering cookies in an 8x8 baking dish. Then, add half of the mousse and drizzle melted Biscoff cookie butter over the mousse layer. Layer another layer of Biscoff cookies, followed by the second half of the mousse, and cookie butter drizzle. Lastly, add one last layer of Biscoff cookies and drizzle some more cookie butter over the top.
- Third is refrigerating the cake overnight. This is the most difficult part of making this cake. You need to allow some for the cake to set. This way, the cookies absorb some of the moisture and soften.
Check out my dessert page here for more no make desserts.