I am confident that this Flavorful Chicken Cutlets Recipe will be your favorite! A thinly sliced, breaded chicken cutlet, pan fried in oil with one secret ingredient.
WHAT MAKES THIS RECIPE SO FLAVORFUL?
- MUSTARD! Yes, you read that right. This only ingredient is what will make this chicken cutlet recipe more flavorful than the rest.
Like many of you, breaded chicken cutlets have been a go to meal all year round in our household. Simply because it’s versatile, easy to make, and inexpensive. Making it so often lead to boredom and let me tell you, life is too short for flavorless chicken cutlets! I knew there had to be a simple way to make this popular recipe much better without the extra complicated changes.
That’s when I turned to mustard! I use tangy mustard in so many of my chicken marinades because it makes a world of a difference. After adding it to my chicken cutlet recipe, I can say with confidence that I will never be going back.
HOW IS MUSTARD INCORPORATED IN THIS RECIPE?
Simple. Rub yellow mustard over the chicken cutlets before breading them.
STEPS TO MAKE FLAVORFUL CHICKEN CUTLETS.
- PREPARE INGREDIENTS. You will need 3 shallow bowls. One with all purpose flour, another with whisked eggs, and a third with Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Season whisked egg mixture and all purpose flour with salt and pepper. Seasoning every step will ensure a flavorful chicken cutlet! (If you make your own Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, make sure you season those with salt and pepper as well.)
- Whisk in Parmesan Cheese to bread crumbs.
- POUND CHICKEN THIN. This will ensure evenly cooked, crispy chicken cutlet. Thick chicken cutlets will result in a uncooked center and a burnt crust.
- Place thinly sliced chicken on a plastic cutting board. Cover chicken with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet,(Amazon Link) pound chicken thin, about 1/4 inch think.
- Season prepared chicken cutlets with salt and pepper! Yes- even the chicken. Don’t worry, it’s not too much salt. What you will get is FLAVOR!
- RUB MUSTARD OVER CHICKEN. Before you do anything else, use a pastry brush to rub mustard over each chicken slice on both sides. This is what will add a unique flavor different than any other recipe you have tried.
- BREAD THE CHICKEN. Dip each slice of chicken in flour, whisked egg, and bread crumbs mixture.
- Be sure to press down the bread crumbs to coat each chicken fully.
- FRY CHICKEN. Add a generous amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Place 1-3 chicken cutlets in the heated oil. Cook until golden brown on each side. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to drain excess oil from the flavorful chicken cutlets.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FLAVORFUL CHICKEN CUTLETS RECIPE.
- Mustard. Even if you are not a fan of mustard, I can ensure you that you won’t get much of a mustard taste. You will, however, get a boost in the flavor of your ordinary chicken cutlets. Once you try this, you will be convinced as much as I am that mustard will make your chicken cutlets very flavorful.
- Leave chicken at room temperature before frying. Cold chicken can sometimes release water and it will cause breading to fall apart. Room temperature chicken will ensure breading to stick and more evenly cooked chicken. Evenly cooked chicken results in flavorful chicken cutlets.
- Thin chicken. Use a meat mallet (Amazon Link) to pound chicken thin. Bread crumbs will burn before the chicken is fully cooked if the meat is too thick.
- Don’t over crown the pan when frying. This will decrease the temperature of the oil, resulting in poorly cooked chicken cutlets.
- Use flavorless oil such as canola, sunflower, or vegetable oil. These oils have a high smoke point and are less likely to burn. Many other recipes note to pan fry the chicken cutlets in olive oil and I don’t agree with that. That is what makes this recipe unique and makes the most flavorful chicken cutlets. The risk of burning your chicken cutlets increases if you use olive oil.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE.
This flavorful chicken cutlets recipe is great to make because it is very versatile. Make it along side with my favorite Seasoned Baked Potatoes. If you’re looking for other great chicken recipes, check out my viral Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Mushroom Sauce. Got ground chicken on hand? These Smoked Gouda Chicken Burgers NEVER fail!
For a full recipe, visit inaeatsin.com.