These appetizer taco bites are balls of dough (made with 2 ingredients) filled with cheddar cheese and taco meat– baked to perfection. If you have to pick one thing to bring to a party, I hope you choose these appetizer taco bites. You can never grow wrong with taco meat, carbs, and cheese because even the pickiest of eaters will be all over them!
How to make Appetizer Taco Bites.
2 ingredient Dough
This has been a very popular dough recently and for all the right reasons. It only requires 2 ingredients, doesn’t involve rising, and has wonderful taste and texture but most importantly, it works perfectly for these taco bites.
The ingredients needed to make this dough are Greek Yogurt and Self Rising Flour.
- Greek Yogurt: I suggest full fat for this. Although fat free and reduced fat will also work, I think using full fat Greek yogurt makes the dough taste so much better.
- Self Rising Flour: This is sold in most grocery stores. However, if you can’t get your hands on it or don’t have any at home, you can make it with 3 ingredients you probably already have at home.
- To make self rising flour for this specific recipe, whisk together 2 cup of all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. That is all!
Mix the self rising flour and Greek yogurt together until a fall forms. The dough should be medium soft and should not stick to your hands but should also not be too tough.
Roll is out on a surface lightly dusted with all purpose flour.
Cut out 3 inch circles. Re-work the remainder of the dough.
The filling is just as easy as the dough. Cook 3/4 lbs of ground beef with 1 package of your favorite taco seasoning. You can also make your own! Once the taco meat is all set, set it to the side. You will use this along with shredded cheddar cheese to stuff the appetizer taco bites.
Add cooked taco meat and cheddar cheese in center of each circle.
Bring the edges of the circle in the center to form into a ball and pinch the ends together tightly.
Egg Wash and Sesame Seeds
Once the taco bites are formed into balls, brush the tops lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Appetizer Taco Bites
Soft balls of dough stuffed with taco meat and cheese, these appetizer taco bites are guaranteed to be a hit at your next event!
- 2 cups Self rising flour
- 1 ½ cups Greek Yogurt
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle of top
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium skilled on medium heat, cook ground beef with taco seasoning until meat is fully cooked. Set to the side to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a ball of dough forms. Kneed the dough on a floured surface until soft but not tacky.
- On a flat surface dusted with flour, roll out the dough medium thin. The dough should not be paper thin. Cut out 3 inch circles throughout the rolled dough. You can rework the remainder of the dough and repeat process to cut out more circles.
- In the center of each circle, add 1-2 teaspoon of taco meant and cheddar cheese. Fold in the edges to form a ball and pinch the bottom firmly. Make sure you don't have holes and and you don't have filling spilling out. Repeat for all circles.
- Place taco bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle tops sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool slightly. Enjoy warm!
Comments / 2