Bailey's Irish Cream Liquer tastes great on its own but add chocolate and whipped cream to it and you have yourself an impressive, flavorful dessert with only a few ingredients. There is nothing better than a dessert made with only 4 ingredients and comes together in just 5 simple steps. It's a light and airy mousse dessert, perfect for the summer season.
What are the ingredients in this recipe?
- heavy whipping cream
- Bailey's Irish Cream Liquer
How to make this Bailey's Chocolate Mousse?
- Melt the chocolate (see instructions).
- Add Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur to the chocolate and mix. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat together the heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Fold in chocolate and Bailey's mixture to whipped cream.
Key points to remember about the chocolate.
- carefully melt until smooth, being careful not to burn
- mix in Bailey's with the melted chocolate
- let it come to room temperature before adding it to the whipped cream
Key points about heavy whipping cream-
- Use HEAVY whipping cream
- make sure it's cold
- whip until stiff peaks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a heat proof bowl, melt the chocolate. You can do this by microwaving it for 30 seconds or by placing the bowl over a pot of boiling water.I recommend tempering your chocolate over a pot of boiling water because it slowly heats the chocolate. The microwave heats it much quicker so you have to be extra careful not to burt the chocolate. Chocolate burs easily so if you heat the chocolate in the microwave, do so until it's just slightly softened and then mix it with a spoon to melt it completely.
- Add the Bailey's Irish Cream into the chocolate mixture and whisk until it is completely incorporated into the chocolate. Set aside until it comes to room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat together heavy whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Once the whipping cream is ready, scoop out 3/4 cup of the whipped cream and set aside in a separate bowl. This will be for topping the mousse.
- Once the chocolate and Bailey's are mixed and have come to room temperature, using a spatula, fold in the chocolate into the whipping cream until they are mixed together. Make sure that the chocolate mixture has come to room temperature (but has not hardened) before mixing it with the whipped cream so that it doesn't melt the whipped cream.
- Place the mousse into 5 different parfait glasses or appetizer serving bowls, about 1/2 cup in each. Finally, top with plain whipped cream that you seat aside in step 3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve cold. I recommend consuming within 1-2 days.