Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? There are so many recipes for chocolate chip cookies and this one is my all time favorite. They always come out thick, chewy, and incredibly tasty.
There are several reasons why this cookie recipe is the absolute best if you are looking for thick and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. First, the perfect combination of ingredients are created for a dense and chewy cookie packed with so much flavor. The extra yolk, melted butter, and chilling and the baking time are contribute to the perfect texture of this chewy cookie that is going to be a hit!
- 1 stick and 3 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together white sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter at room temperature. Mix for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Add one whole egg, one egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix for one more minute.
- To the mixture, sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix together just until they are evenly combined. No not over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours. The longer that the dough is refrigerated, the thicker and more intense flavor the cookie will have. Once the dough is cooled, it will harden.
- Using a small ice scream scoop, scoop out about 24 balls of dough and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes at 350°F. Make sure you do not over bake the cookies. Only bake until the edges are SLIGHTLY golden brown. Although the cookies may seem raw in the center, they will harden as they cool and you will be left with a soft, chewy cookie that is impossible to resist.
- Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack so they cool completely.