I made this Biscoff Icebox Cake a few months ago and the recipe is going viral! Trust me, it's THAT good and incredibly easy to make. I recently updated the recipe to make it EVEN better.
This Biscoff Icebox Cake is rich, creamy, and comes together in just a few minutes. Using Lotus Biscoff cookies and Biscoff cookie butter, you’ll have a delicious dessert that will be unique and unlike any other.
Biscoff cookies are crunchy, caramel flavor cookies. They were first invented in Belgium but have since expanded all over the world. Biscoff cookie butter, on the other hand, is a creamy spread that tastes just the the cookies but in a spreadable form. If you are in the Rochester, NY area, Wegmans carries both Biscoff cookies as well as Biscoff cookie butter!
The idea of an icebox cake was first invented in the 1940’s. The original icebox cake was wafer cookies layered with whipped cream then stored in the refrigerator to set. This Biscoff Icebox cake is relatively the same kind of idea. Biscoff cookies are layered with an easy filling made with only 5 ingredients.
- Mascarpone cheese
- Biscoff cookie butter
- Biscoff cookies
- vanilla pudding mix
- whole milk
- rum (optional)
It has a very distinct flavor and melts in your mouth. This Biscoff Icebox cake will be so soft and silky, you'll fall in love with every bit you take.
How to make the Biscoff mousse for the Biscoff Icebox Cake.
- Whip together the heavy cream and instant vanilla pudding mix. Set aside.
- Whip together Mascarpone cheese, Biscoff cookie butter, and rum.
- Mix together the whipped vanilla pudding and the Mascarpone cheese mixture until evenly combined.
Do I have to include rum?
If you want to leave out the rum, you can! It won’t alter the recipe a whole lot. The rum, however, does give the mousse a wonderful aroma and makes this dessert irresistible.
Can I substitute cream cheese for Mascarpone cheese?
Yes, cream cheese can be substituted for Mascarpone cheese. It will make the filling slightly more dense but it will work just fine.
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 (3.04oz) package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- ⅔ cup Biscoff cookie butter
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp rum optional
- 40-45 Biscoff cookies
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachement, whisk together whole milk and instant pudding mix until thick evenly mixed. Transfer into a seperate bowl and set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In the same mixer, whisk together Mascarpone cheese, Biscoff cookie butter, and rum on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Add the vanilla pudding into the Biscoff cookie butter mixture and whisk together until everything is evenly combined. Do not over mix.
- Layer the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish with Biscoff cookies. Top the first layer of cookies with 1/3 of the Biscoff filling. On top of the filling, add another layer of the cookies, followed by one last layer of filling, cookies, and finishing off with last 1/3 of the mousse. You should have 3 layers of cookies and mousse at this point.
- For decoration and extra flavor, melt 2-3 tablespoons of Biscoff in the microwave (about 15 seconds). Drizzle the top of cake with the melted Biscoff cookie butter and add crushed Biscoff cookie crumbs.
- Rerigerate for at least 8 hours so that the Biscoff Icebox Cake has time to set.