Rochester, NY is not a big city which means there isn't a ton of options to really choose from when it comes to restaurants. While options are limited, there are certainly a lot of gems around town that everyone knows and loves. Now that Spring is just around the corner, Brunch is a great idea and what better way to celebrate than present the top 5 Brunch spots in Rochester, NY
While this list does not include all local spots that have amazing Brunch selection, they are some of the most loved by Rochestarians. This list includes options for everyone and I hope you find it helpful and find it in your heart to check them out and support local restaurant owners.
1. Jines, located on Park Ave in downtown Rochester, has a menu that will have you drooling. If you can't decided what it is that you want for brunch, Jines certainly has all the options. Their menu includes over 20 omelettes, "eggs with style," bagels, croissants, muffins, eggs from the grill dishes, and so much more. If you have a sweet tooth, you are also not at a loss. They have waffles, hot cakes, pancakes, french toast and all of these come in countless ways and flavors. From their Banana Walnut Bread French Toast, to their Belgian Waffles with Ice cream, the only downfall from it all would be feeling overwhelmed by the number of options.
Photo curtesy: jines.com
If you want a healthier option, Jines also has a selection of oatmeal (including Créme Brûlée Oatmeal) fresh fruit, and Make your Own omelette options available.
As you can see, Jines offers amazing options for every taste preference out there. I recommend Jines if you are not sure of what you want and don't mind a lot of options. Jines also has outdoor seating available in the heart of Downtown Rochester.
2. Waffle Factory, located on North Ave, is your go to spot for the best Belgian waffles in Rochester- hands down! The Waffle Factory has about 50 choices of Waffle dishes along with another 48 Mooncake specialties. As you can probably guess, most of their options are sweet but they do, however, also have savory options that include eggs, smoked salmon, sausage, bacon, to name a few.
Along with their most popular Belgian Waffles, the Waffle Factory also has a selection of Ice Cream Sundaes, shakes, whipped coffee, fresh juices, and açaí bowls.
The Waffle Factory is a great option for those with a sweet tooth and their creative flavors, you can be sure there will be something for all.
3.Roam Cafe, located on Park Ave, is a cozy spot for those who love and appreciate the atmosphere and warm vibes. Unlike the previous 2 restaurants mentioned, Roam Cafe does not have an overwhelming menu with a lot of options. While their menu is shorter, they offer dishes that a lot of other locals do not. These include their delicious breakfast pizzas, homemade quiche, zucchini cakes, and fruit salad parfaits to name a few. Oh! Did I mention that they have Mimosas?
Roam Cafe has delicious food and a warm atmosphere - perfect of Easter brunch! Currently, they do have an outdoor heated tent but other than that, all of their seating is indoor.
4. The Gate House, located on Goodman St N, is another great option for those that don't like to be overwhelmed by the menu options but do enjoy a specialty chef inspired plate. If you have had their amazing burger, then you know this place holds their standards high. The Gate House serves brunch from 11am-2pm, but their dinner menu is also available at that time and they also serve Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Some of their well known options include:
- Avocado Toast
- Chicken and Biscuits
- Crab Cakes Benedict.
The Gate House also has a kids menu that includes, breakfast pizza, fruit and yogurt, french toast, and an egg with bacon and fruit.
The Gate House is very welcoming and has both indoor and outdoor dining. Their outdoor patio is lovely and perfect for a sunny day outside.
5. Cure, located in Rochester's Public Market, is a unique French restaurant with a limited menu but a unique one to say the least. I recommend this local for those that don't like being overwhelmed by too many choices and those that are not looking for a typical eggs and french toast brunch.
Cure is an incredible spot after a morning spent at the Public Market. Some of their menu options include:
- Buckwheat crepes with sweet cream, strawberries, and mint
- Bagel and lox
- Royale with cheese
Rochester, NY has other incredible places but I can say with confidence that these are some of the favorites in town and this list includes something for everyone!
If you're from Rochester, NY, what are you favorite Brunch places you like to visit?