Let’s talk about faith.
What even is faith? Pastor Jentezen Franklin wrote an excellent article on faith and I want to share with you all!
There are a few different kinds and different kind of levels of faith. People will so often say and believe that they are “people of faith” but their attendance at the church events does not translate to their personal lives outside of the church walls. There is a faith that is movable—and it’s called transferrable faith.
2 Timothy 1:5-7
5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
5 And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, 6 and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will.
Types of Faith
1. Abstract Faith. This faith does not have a definition and no manifestation. This person would say that they believe in something “out there,” but also believe there are many paths to God. They believe somewhere there is a higher power. In this group are also fortune tellers and tarot card readers and other spiritualist activities.
2. Ceremonial faith. These enjoy the ceremonies of the church such as baptism and communion and the major religious events. This person has a faith built on other people’s faith in God, but they have no personal relationship. They want a Christian wedding but it’s easier to have a Christian wedding than a Christian marriage. They want Jesus in the chapel when they are getting married but they want the devil to run the reception. They want the devil to be the DJ. In the church this can also apply to believers who believe in miracles, but just don’t think they are going to happen for them.
3. Transferrable faith. The only faith that will transfer to your family is your personal faith. Real faith does not require motivation to praise and worship. You have to have a personal inner voice, personal praise, personal devotion, personal sanctification and a personal walk with God. It’s possible to transfer our faith to the next generation and the next one. Believe God for transferrable faith. Personal faith is transferable.
4. The church is where the atmosphere of faith resides. Being around people of faith will activate your faith. This is why it is critical that you attend church and put down roots. Where two or more are gathered the Lord is there.
5. Other people’s spirit can get on you. Who you connect your life to matters. This can be for good or for bad. The right people will encourage your faith and pray for you and with you, but the wrong people will take you down the wrong paths to the wrong places.
6. Faith is the essential ingredient. Read Hebrews 11:6 and memorize it because it contains every key ingredient for your next season. Read it and claim this passage as your own. You need a word from the Lord for this year and He will reward you if you seek Him diligently. This is what your life is supposed to look like. Faith is the currency of heaven.
7. Faith is the currency of heaven. No faith, no things. The Kingdom of God is based on a rewards system—not welfare, but warfare. Salvation is free but everything else requires the armor of God and will require a fight on your knees and in your words and with your faith. In Luke 4 they wanted what Jesus was doing for others, but had no faith for themselves. There were many widows, but only one got a miracle. God is not moved by need. He is moved ONLY by faith.
Something supernatural happens when you activate your personal faith or when you get around people who have faith. Through the atmosphere you are in, your faith gets activated. It is IN you—but you have to touch your own heart and declare that the anointing is in you, because the power of God and the Holy Spirit is in IN you. The faith you need is IN you. And now you need to stir up the gift that is in you. You have to get stirred up in your home and in your family. Ask the Holy Ghost to stir up your spirit and activate the personal faith that is in you. Proclaim these truths over your life today All things are possible with God. The season of unstable waters is over—there is coming stability and a rock-solid foundation under your family. You are coming OUT with great victory and great substance. The hand of God shall come upon you. Change is coming. God is a rewarder of personal faith that diligently seeks Him, and this faith will transfer to your children, and to your children’s faith.
I love these kinds of messages because they are so informative and provide so much clarity and insight. I hope this article impacted you in a mighty way and helped you learn a little about faith and what it really is. I pray today you will have a faith inside of you that is lasting and that is rooted in love. Always be learning and looking for ways to grow.
Faith is a pillar of our lives and what an incredible thing that is.