Metro Nashville Public Schools are back in session this week for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Metro school students in elementary, middle, and high school all start the school day before 9 AM, with high school having the earliest start time at 7:05 AM.
In this post, you will find the metro schools calendar, many helpful MNPS links, information about support programs, and how to volunteer to support students and staff. MNPS district is making an effort to make sure every family has access to information and resources to maximize the learning experience for every student!
The first day of school for MNPS students is Monday, August 8th!
Download the Metro Schools Mobile App to find essential links and in-demand district information such as lunch menus, transportation information, school calendars, and news. Available on Google Play and the App Store.
Your school and PTO organization may even have their own social media accounts. Ask at your school!
Find information about your school HERE.
Do you still need to Enroll your student(s)?
Time for School - School Start & Dismissal Times*
- Arrival & Breakfast 7:45 AM - 8:00 AM
- Dismissal 3:00 PM
Middle School Hours
- 8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
- 7:05 AM - 2:05 PM
*Times based on information available through Google Searches and publicly accessible on MNPS.org. Please refer to your school emails, and parent/student logins, or contact schools directly for the bell schedule, tardy information, drop-off, and pick-up instructions.
Know where to go to catch the school bus: Find My Stop.
Arrive 5 minutes before scheduled bus arrival time.
Severe weather closing information is available on local news stations, mnps.org, or by calling 615-259-INFO.
First Week of School Weather
First Day of School Weather: expected high is 95° and it looks like it will be a dry day with no rain (as of right now!).
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday rain is expected, so plan accordingly for dress and driving conditions.
Friday, no rain is expected.
Check the weather forecast for changes.
Immunizations & Vaccinations
All MNPS students must have an immunization record with their school unless appropriate medical or religious exemption documentation is provided.
Childcare - 12th Grade Immunization Requirements from TN.gov
Immunizations Requirements in Public Schools from Nashville.gov
Free Meals for MNPS Students
All school meals will be free for all students during the 2022-2023 school year.
You can see the Breakfast and lunch menus for each school online.
Families who think they may qualify are encouraged to complete the free and reduced lunch application because qualified families will receive help connecting to more helpful resources such as discounted fees for college applications, SAT, ACT, and AP test fee discounts or scholarships. Qualified applicants help MNPS receive federal aid ongoing for program improvement. Resources for qualified families also include food assistance through SNAP and Disaster Assistance.
- Monday, August 8th, First Day - All Grades
- Friday, September 2nd No School - Labor Day Weekend
- Monday, September 5th, Labor Day - No School
- Fall Break: October 10th - 14th
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 23rd - 25th
- Winter Break for Students: December 19th - January 6th (Winter Break through Jan. 2nd. Students do not report until January 9th)
- Monday, January 16th, MLK Holiday - No School
- Spring Break: March 13th - 17th
- Spring Holiday (coincides with Easter): April 6th - 9th
- Thursday, May 25th, Last Day of School
All information is found on MNPS Calendar. Refer to the online version of the MNPS Calendar for changes/updates.
Class of 2023
MNPS is hosting a College and Career Expo featuring 125+ Colleges and Universities.
Date: Monday, September 12th
Time: 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Location: Southeast Community Center & Library 5260 Hickory Hollow Pkwy. #201 Antioch 37013
Volunteer with MNPS
You can be a Metro Schools Volunteer!
How to Volunteer:
- Accelerating Scholars Program Volunteer to be a tutor | Volunteer Application
- Contact schools directly to learn about volunteers needed.
- District Volunteers email email@example.com or call 615-259-4636
- Contact PENCIL, a community organization that connects businesses with schools in the MNPS district. Businesses can partner with a school to provide tutoring, mentorships and job shadow opportunities. Another option is to partner for donations that help teachers and students. Contact PENCIL online , through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 615-242-3167.
Apply to Work for MNPS
Check out current job openings and more information about joining the MNPS team.
MNPS - Welcome Back Video!
Happy School Year, Nashville!