One of the classic traditions in Metro-Detroit is to stop into Tonys Restaurant and get some great food. My Grandma was the one who told me about this place that serves the one-pound BLT sandwich. She loved bacon sandwiches so, I was glad to try this place out, and ever since when I’m shopping at Birch Run, we stop in to have a bite.
Tonys Restaurant History and Information
Tony’s has been around for over 68 years serving great food for weary travelers driving along I-75 near Birch Run in Michigan. This is a great roadside diner/restaurant that serves amazingly large portions of food so, you’ll never leave hungry. Their establishment has grown from 60 seats to be able to seat over 200 people in three dining rooms. You will enjoy your stop-in for food but also be entertained by the sassy waitresses and cooks. The decor of the restaurant gives you a definite Italian vibe with the shelves of Italian spices, peppers, and salami sticks hanging from the ceiling. Tony’s daily open hours are from 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
The menu at Tony’s is as large as their portions of food. They offer everything from sandwiches, steaks, seafood, Italian dishes, overflowing sundaes, and they serve breakfast all day long. Every meal you order will leave you stuffed and satisfied, so make sure to come hungry when you walk through their door. They go through 11,000lbs of bacon, 625lbs of tomatoes, and 600lbs of onions weekly.
When I took Kayla shopping for new school clothes at Birch Run which was an annual thing for us to do in the fall, we stopped in for lunch. I chose to get the classic BLT sandwich and Kayla ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger. Both of us struggled with eating everything on our plates. But we tried and succeeded!
Rules of Bacon
There are some clear and concise rules for Bacon (printed on their menu and website) that Tonys Restaurant needs you to know.
- There must always be bacon in the fridge. Always.
- There does not exist a food that does not go well with bacon.
- There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like bacon, and those who will be used as fodder in the case of a zombie apocalypse.
- Even pigs like bacon. FACT.
- Crispy and chewy are both acceptable ways to cook bacon. Thou shalt not discriminate.
- 90% of the world’s problems can be solved by cooking more bacon.
- Bacon presents exactly zero health risks. Shut up!
- If your computer is antiquated and slow, you can feed it bacon through the floppy drive to make it run faster.
- Meals without bacon are rarely worth eating.
- When given a breathalyzer, the number they give you is your BAC. This is short for “Bacon.” And is equal to the number of slices of bacon you should eat divided by 100.
- Thou shalt always consume bacon on the Sabbath, and the Mondath, and the Tuesdath, and the….
- Bacon is a great aphrodisiac… better than oysters!!!
– unknown author
Tonys Restaurant is a fun and engaging place to stop in when you are driving north or south on I-75 through Michigan by Birch Run. Filled with laughter and hearing people say OMG that is a lot of Bacon! it is a must-see destination for roadside restaurants within Michigan and the midwest. If you are hungry and on a fall road trip through Michigan come and get a BLT sandwich. You will love it!
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.
Comments / 52